• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

tutorial Beginner's guide to AACT/Compost Tea

I should start making my own AACT soon. Right now even though during the day temps are around 67, they drop around 50 during night (sometimes below 50).
I would give it a try at those temps. It may take a little longer, at least for your first batch. I'm using rainwater collected from my roof and gutter that have oak leaves, somewhat aged let's say, so my water has a slight tanic tint depending on the recent rainfall volume. IMO, I would collect out of a clean stream before using even aged treated water.

I would give it a try at those temps. It may take a little longer, at least for your first batch. I'm using rainwater collected from my roof and gutter that have oak leaves, somewhat aged let's say, so my water has a slight tanic tint depending on the recent rainfall volume. IMO, I would collect out of a clean stream before using even aged treated water.

I'll give it a try then. Thanks.

First let me apologize if this has been asked already, I'm too lazy to go through 17 pages in search of this (I know I'm a jerk ;)). But right now I'm growing with just peat, perlite, and lime as my potting mix and using DynaGro for nutrition. If I made up a batch of this, would it be very helpful to my grow or do I need organic material in my mix for it to be effective?

Not fish sauce but I love them to season some of the food I cook ;p...it stinks but taste good after...You should ask them dor dried fish ita good with the tea also
will the salted dried fish work on this one? well we have a lot of dried anchovy but i think it is salted want to put that on my tea tea

Weird questions! haha

People have salted, dried fish and fish sauce but can't get a fish to chop up? hahah! Sounds like they live in thailand! That stuff was everywhere, salted and dried, bottles of fermenting fish sauce, but still....they were fish at some point...

Probably could rehydrate the dried salted fish in water to release the excess sodium and then try it, : ). I'm ready for this years grow....

I saw the post on the frass, anyone know of a cheaper online source to buy it? I haven't been able to kill as many grasshoppers yet to make up sufficient chitin, haha.

So I'm going to be attempting to use AACT for my plants this summer. I have 25 plants that will all be in 5 gallon containers when I'm ready to start brewing. Will a single 5 gallon bucket full of AACT be enough to cover all 25 plants with a foliar feed and a soil drench?

So I'm going to be attempting to use AACT for my plants this summer. I have 25 plants that will all be in 5 gallon containers when I'm ready to start brewing. Will a single 5 gallon bucket full of AACT be enough to cover all 25 plants with a foliar feed and a soil drench?

At full strength you could definitely spray all 25. Soil drench you would need to dilute.

Now that it's getting warmer out, I am bubbling 24/7

Its not that I make tea every day, but I like to water with de-chlorinated water as well.
I guess my point is, even if you don't use your Tea Bag, save it for the next batch. It will keep just fine as long as you keep it in a cool dark place so it doesn't dry out.

Remember the point of AACT is inoculating beneficials in to your soil. If you want you can add fresh ingredients to your bag each time but leave some old stuff as a "starter."

I would like to see some science behind AACT. Like what ingredients are most beneficial and why. That would be very pleasing.

I get this every time. So far so good.

20130504_083115.jpg

, Vegas

Great read guys :D

I bought air pump, tubings and airstones yesterday, gonna make some compost tea.
I have at my disposal compost, fresh forrest humus, fresh grass clippings and mykos, and I think I can get my hands on some liquid molasses.

What i was wondering - do you guys add some specific herbs to the mix?

A lot of gardeners here are making herbal soups with herbs like comfrey, distaff, and nettle. They basically put the plants and water in some bucket, leave it there for somewhere beetwen 7 and 21 days (with an occasional daily stir), untill it gets frothy. Then they dilute the liquid 1:10 with water (since it's very high in nitrogen) and use it as fertilizer for veggies.

Is there any advanteges in using those herbs in AACT?
Or maybe to use a little bit of that anaerobic soup in AACT mix to give it some air?

Getting my AACT together once more ...

Quick question, though ...

Are you guys using Coco Wet for foliar application or not?

grantmichaels said:
Getting my AACT together once more ...

Quick question, though ...

Are you guys using Coco Wet for foliar application or not?
I have not used Coco wet and I have applied AACT three times so far this year as a foliar spray. I soak the leaves and whatever does not get absorbed will fall to the ground and hopefully picked up by the roots. I can honestly say I have never seen my chili pepper leaves so green and healthy so it seems to be working great without this product in my opinion.

Back