beer Being Crafty

Try Kriek - Belgian lambic cherry beer.  Frikkin awesome - dry, effervescent with just enough of a cherry taste to make you notice.  Even has a champagne-style cork - chicks dig it - whenever I wanted to impress my wife I would include a few of those and Maredous Triple in the drink selection for the obligatory Saturday & Sunday afternoon braai. 

Ya ya I know its not "craft" beer but it is well worth trying.  BTW I put craft in inverted commas because some of the crap that's out there is as craft as Kraft.

Very boozy....whoa.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 63
Weird! Usually that's the alcohol. Maybe it's the caramelization or bitterness?

Just got my first 6'er!! The 2016 just released late last week YUM!!!! nothing beats fresh hop IPA IMO
                                             :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :cheers:    :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  
You'd have to be a fool to walk past this, to buy some BS from some 6 or 7 year old hipster brewery.

Sierra-Nevada-Celebration-2014-960x822.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
OMG I hate that beer. I'd give it another try but despised it in 2005 so lol.

Totally different beer now!!. Back then they were still adding all kinds of weird spices (nutmeg, allspice, cinninninn O min, n' shit)

This is BEER, not some funky punkin pie shit drink it used to be. They figured out making that novelty shit for non-beer drinkers was just stupid at some point.

Boss If you never just me on anything, just trust me on this. Pair the 2016 SR Celebration with a non glazed buttermilk old fashioned donut. As perfect and as simple as a culinary marriage gets, perfection. just trust

hogleg said:

Totally different beer now!!. Back then they were still adding all kinds of weird spices (nutmeg, allspice, cinninninn O min, n' shit)

This is BEER, not some funky punkin pie shit drink it used to be. They figured out making that novelty shit for non-beer drinkers was just stupid at some point.

Boss If you never just me on anything, just trust me on this. Pair the 2016 SR Celebration with a non glazed buttermilk old fashioned donut. As perfect and as simple as a culinary marriage gets, perfection. just trust

That's the one I remember!!!! Tasted like eating that Christmas tree spray with some pie spices OMG so bad! Thanks for letting me know it's different.

hogleg said:
You'd have to be a fool to walk past this, to buy some BS from some 6 or 7 year old hipster brewery.
grantmichaels said:
I'll take the huge, juicy, style-bending beers from the new breweries, please! :D

Me too!

Hipsters be like.

hipster_pbr.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Truthfully, S.N. still does those, you "just" have to go there ...

True, just look at there "Beer Camp" line. Their brewing program is friggen Awesome!! Not scared to make new school jazz, But still hang on to centuries old classics at the same time.

I'm telling ya this, and the 2016 Toberfest are great brews to behold. I should know, Robert Parker Jr. wishes he had my palette. Just ask Wilford Wong about my palette, he'll tell ya.

Back