beer Being Crafty

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Have you cracked any of those bottles of HB RIS, Mike?
Not yet, bud. I'll try to make it a point to try it tonight though :cheers:

One of the bottle caps must've loosened up during shipping :mope: I thought it was weird that I could smell beer when I opened the box, haha. It dried up and some of the bubble wrap was stuck to the side of the bottle. I didn't dump it, but I'm guessing it's flat. Won't stop me though :party:

This is a new one from Aslin. Computer Machine. They used a european yeast, instead of their normal house IPA yeast. It is hopped with blanc, mosaic, and chinook. I really like this one, and it's nice that there now is another single IPA that I can look forward too, aside from orange starfish.

Attachments

• 20171005_164039.jpg
    20171005_164039.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 29
:confused:  Nope, doesn't do it for me this year. Not nearly as enjoyable as last years. oh well  :neutral:

It's like a spring beer, not a fall beer. Too light and drinkable with no exciting flavor notes, no tang or bitterness.

I don't know, I guess some people like this style? (I woulda bought modelo especial if I wanted this style)  :lol:

Shit, I might have to go back to the store and try again  :think:

Pompous Ass English Ale - Great Lakes Brewing.

English ales and Brown ales are pretty much my favorite style. Love that malt backbone balance to the hops. This one is perfect example of the style. Glad my wife picked it up for me as I generally avoid Great Lakes brews after a particularly heinous pumpkin spiced one I had from them a few years ago. She seems to really enjoy that can art for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_020958996.jpg
    IMG_20171006_020958996.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 29
Shot of the fridge before a birthday party we had for a friend last weekend. Didn't photograph the ones I ended up drinking at the party, but the Wellington Upside IPA and the flying monkeys Juicy Ass IPA will definitely be repeats.

Those are Swedish berry jello shots at the front btw. A friend perfected the recipe after an intense series of R&D sessions a few years ago. Only my wife knows the recipe as well,both refuse to share, but they are dead on for Swedish berry flavour.

Attachments

• IMG_20170929_212944060.jpg
    IMG_20170929_212944060.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 25
Back