beer Being Crafty

grantmichaels said:
TGCM and Ozzy are sure bets in favor of vanilla bean ...

I'd have to email The Bum! :rofl:

BWAHAHAHA ....
I'm just catching up on this thread after four 12 hour days of work in a row. Vanilla is where it's at! I've popped a couple of bottles of my coffee vanilla porter, and it is ridiculously good. Wouldn't be the same without the vanilla. I used two very quality bourbon vanilla beans in the brew along with whole espresso beans for a dry hop.

Has anyone tried treehouse single shot w/ vanilla bean?

I keep seeing it on my Instagram feed.

Description sounds wicked

"We are excited to present the first variant of our coffee milk stout: SINGLE SHOT w/ Vanilla Bean! This modification builds upon the original by conditioning the finished beer on Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans. We also varied the typical coffee blend by infusing a single beautiful coffee, Guatemala Candelaria! What resulted is a beer that exhibits a subtle and well integrated vanilla note with rich coffee character while retaining a wonderful airiness and drinkability. The crew here tastes bourbon chocolate, brown sugar, and vanilla with a soft coffee acidity on the finish. The vanilla reveals nuanced character as it warms, though never overwhelming the senses, with the coffee notes slowly mellowing. This is a real treat to us, and one that marks the start of an invigorating path for Single Shot!"

I just got done bottling my latest oatmeal stout. Drinking this NB IPA to celebrate. I like the regular Ranger IPA better, but the mosaic and amarillo really do pack a punch in the voodoo ranger.

I'm about to start chilling the wort from the RIS I am brewing. I cracked one of these to prep for the chilling, and yeast pitching that will ensue shortly. It's a refreshing IPA for sure!

Ashen said:
Has anyone tried treehouse single shot w/ vanilla bean?

I keep seeing it on my Instagram feed.

Description sounds wicked

"We are excited to present the first variant of our coffee milk stout: SINGLE SHOT w/ Vanilla Bean! This modification builds upon the original by conditioning the finished beer on Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans. We also varied the typical coffee blend by infusing a single beautiful coffee, Guatemala Candelaria! What resulted is a beer that exhibits a subtle and well integrated vanilla note with rich coffee character while retaining a wonderful airiness and drinkability. The crew here tastes bourbon chocolate, brown sugar, and vanilla with a soft coffee acidity on the finish. The vanilla reveals nuanced character as it warms, though never overwhelming the senses, with the coffee notes slowly mellowing. This is a real treat to us, and one that marks the start of an invigorating path for Single Shot!"
yes I have and it was really good, both in can and growler. I love treehouse, the haze and sap are one of my tops. if it wasnt such a shit show trying to get beer at the brewery I would get it a lot more often. I can;t wait for the new brewery to open. cheers 

Ozzy2001 said:
I've never had a Treehouse beer, but hoping to change that next week :dance:
get there at least a couple hours before they open or you may not even get beer. and the wait is mostly outdoors...lol so dress warm

im not going back until they open the new brewery.  

they have stupid limits on beer right now cause they have so many people that want it

you wait in line for hours and lucky to walk out with a 6 pack of cans and maybe if really lucky 3 growlers..lol 

cheers 

FreeportBum said:
yes I have and it was really good, both in can and growler. I love treehouse, the haze and sap are one of my tops. if it wasnt such a shit show trying to get beer at the brewery I would get it a lot more often. I can;t wait for the new brewery to open. cheers 

get there at least a couple hours before they open or you may not even get beer. and the wait is mostly outdoors...lol so dress warm

im not going back until they open the new brewery.  

they have stupid limits on beer right now cause they have so many people that want it

you wait in line for hours and lucky to walk out with a 6 pack of cans and maybe if really lucky 3 growlers..lol 

cheers 
I'm probably going to go next Wednesday, which is a can only day. Fortunately it will be above freezing so I have that going for me. I just plan on bringing a couple of beers, my phone, and a snack.

I guess they have an order card when you get there?

the line is the can line, you can order growlers from the can line with the growler card

but if your going on wed like you mentioned there is no growlers on wed only cans

bring a folding chair..lol

we pulled into treehouse one wed about an hour before they opened and there was maybe 1000 people already in line..lol 

I can only imagine its gonna be crazy for the holiday but I wish you much luck my friend as the beer really is amazing 

i hope they have either sap,haze, green or julius when you get there brotha you will be hooked

cheers 

FreeportBum said:
the line is the can line, you can order growlers from the can line with the growler card

but if your going on wed like you mentioned there is no growlers on wed only cans

bring a folding chair..lol

we pulled into treehouse one wed about an hour before they opened and there was maybe 1000 people already in line..lol 

I can only imagine its gonna be crazy for the holiday but I wish you much luck my friend as the beer really is amazing 

i hope they have either sap,haze, green or julius when you get there brotha you will be hooked

cheers 

Julius is absolutely bomb! I haven't been lucky enough to try any of their other brews. A buddy of mine brought me a few cans of julius from the brewery earlier this year. Damn fine beverage!

I have no beer in the house.

Is it ok to sub crafty wine?

IMG_6934.JPG

Back