• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting bent Harvest 7th_Jan_08

I actually think it's a better picture.
The first one is way too bright.

That 'Siam' plant is a real stud, ah? getting all those other plants pregnant. :lol:

hehe - im gonna have to put some pants on it soon. No surprise really it puts out so many flowers & pods....now if I can just get it to cross with the Bih Jolokia mwhwhwhahaha

Hard work on this side of the planet PcolaHot

I sprout them & stick em in the ground & wait for pods lol. Although I did spray with pyrethrum & neem today but that should be all I have to do until about April.
Whew...I better have a rest & a beer

bentalphanerd said:

I sprout them & stick em in the ground & wait for pods lol. Although I did spray with pyrethrum & neem today but that should be all I have to do until about April.

Ya After all that hard work the best part is when you have a nice cold beer while you are resting on a chair looking at your hard work.:cheers:

bentalphanerd said:

Poor you. sounds like hard work. :lol:

Hey Bent....those siam's look like the kind of peppers that are in that tequilla I bought. A picture of the bottle with the peppers inside is on DD's thread about the FFS. Check it out and see what you think.

bentalphanerd said:
13_1_08.jpg

More Orange Habs :)
Left: Mystery Asian #3
Mid top: drought Serrano
Top Right: Mystery Asian #2
Right: Siam
bellow is a Siam/Unworthy {cant wait to try that}
more unworthies bottom right!

apologies for the blurry pic

Those are beautiful...it could be a poster....mind if I do a painting of it?:)

AlabamaJack said:
Hey Bent....those siam's look like the kind of peppers that are in that tequilla I bought. A picture of the bottle with the peppers inside is on DD's thread about the FFS. Check it out and see what you think.

Does look very similar although I'm not sure what an Asian pepper would be doing in a Tequila bottle. Maybe it'd make sense after a couple of slammers ;)

chilehunter said:
nice harvest, cant wait til I can pick some ripe chiles. how hot are those siams, do they taste like a cayenne or thai or ?

The Siams vary a lot for heat. I think they're a variant of Thai Dragon. Very tasty, great looking plant too. They make a nice sauce with a little Hab, lime juice, ginger & cracked black pepper.

Daisy7117 said:
Those are beautiful...it could be a poster....mind if I do a painting of it?:)

wow a painting. Nice :cool: Can you send me a scan or photo of it when you're done?

---------------------------------------

By the way I'll have plenty of seeds ready in a few weeks if anyone is wanting to try some different peppers. Maybe just hold off on the orders for now, still a lot of varieties about to produce, I'll post pics as they ripen.

The habs are getting smaller, the Siam are kicking in, you know the rest. Ones in centre are unknown, gift from biker neighbour last year...I made em grow & they gave me this.

I'll eat one tomorrow, but anyone want to take a guess?

I think I had enough Siam to get a handle on them. They are bell pepper at the tip & go through tasty to hot to very sharp at the stem end. Good all rounder. I mostly grow them for the look of the plant though...1 M high deep green umbrella with long yellow pods hanging down....& it produces right through winter too.
I love my Siam:D

Did you try letting them get even more ripe? I don't think yellow is the final color... perhaps orange? Anyways, the habs are better looking. :D

Thanks, but I want to make sure my place is a "clean environment" first.
Don't want to grow some new plants, only to find out they're sick again.

Ok, so, what have you decided the species of the mystery pepper is? They look interesting, and I'll be eager to hear what they taste like.

Pam said:
Ok, so, what have you decided the species of the mystery pepper is? They look interesting, and I'll be eager to hear what they taste like.

Im not that kind of nerd Pam...I have no idea from one to another. The plant itself looks like a hab or a naga, big leaves, pods hang down.

When my neighbour gave it to me it was in the base of a coke bottle in crap soil & no holes for drainage. He said he'd had it for ages & it wouldn't grow :lol: I put it in the ground 18 months ago & despite one dog-digging exercise its a good 4' high & I got 2 ripe pods now with many more to come. It looks a lot like the Broome pepper but the wrong colour.

By the way the unworthy/Siam is putting out bulk pods with loads of seed...I think this might be something you'll enjoy. Its a perfect popper pepper only longer & a little sharper on the taste.

Back