food BEST 7 POTS EVER

First I cut the large end of the pod off, then clean the memebrane out. I then fill it with cream cheese. I then stand the pod on a strip of wide bacon that I have in in half and tooth pick the bacon to the top. I then rotate the pod to the exposed side and wrap it in bacon also.
I then place on a bbq pit off the fire so you get a lot of smoke and medium heat. after the bacon is starting to crisp a little I spoon over the pod a heaping amount of barbq sauce thet is real thick and will continue cooking till it glazes over completely. The time will vary with your fire.
I do this with jalapenos and tried it one day and I love them
SWEET SPICY SMOKEY YUM
THESE ARE GOING ON THE PIT RIGHT NOW
BACON7POTS002.jpg

BACON7POTS001.jpg

ALMOST DONE

BEFORE THE SAUCE
BACON7POTS003.jpg

AFTER
BACON7POTS004.jpg

Just needs another 15-20 minutes to pull most of the moisture out of the sauce and a sticky glaze will be left that is smokey,sweet, hot, creamy:mouthonfire::onfire:

PLATED UP

Word of caution this is so good if you put this plate on top of your head your tongue will beat your face to death trying to get to it:lol:
BACON7POTS.jpg

WANT!!! They look so innocent and tasty, but I know that under all that bbq & bacon goodness is pure EVIL!!!

nice Pappy...I am sure they will burn your tongue and mouth a little... :lol:

Great vid, but it cut off when you started talking about Jalapenos. How many of those did you eat last night? Did the smoking/cooking reduce the power of the capsacain?

Very nice video. You handle that pepper well. I would guess that making a popper out of it seems to tame the heat some because less of the capiscum is actually making contact with your pain receptors than when you eat the pepper plain. Just a guess. I did make some poppers that way once with a variety of superhots and they are still God-awful hot! Good job.

JayT said:
Very nice video. You handle that pepper well. I would guess that making a popper out of it seems to tame the heat some because less of the capiscum is actually making contact with your pain receptors than when you eat the pepper plain. Just a guess. I did make some poppers that way once with a variety of superhots and they are still God-awful hot! Good job.

thanks they are sooo good this way you get the best of both worlds in heat/flavor

On one hand it seems like sacrelige to put cream cheese in one of those rare pods, lol.

On the other, what a way to GO!!!!!!

Wow. Beautiful!

yea aparently the coco 7's the rare'st plant out there??? well ill have to try some of these next year!

Back