Best beer I ever had

2002 Cantillon Cuvee Des Champions, drank at the Cantillon Brewery with the brewmaster and his father, the previous brewmaster

He found it in a closet...

Actually I got it from Brown Jug Warehouse in Anchorage in '88 if I recall. Still got one left out of the 4 pack.

Truthfully, the best beer I ever had was a Rainier pils from the taproom at the brewery in Seattle just before they closed. Tasted nothing like the product they sold to the public.

Some Hefeweizen I had in Stutgart Germany on the way back from my last trip playing war. The fact that I hadn't had a beer in months probably played a huge factor. But that beer was like heaven. Also, it was in a huge freaking mug.

I have tried about a half a dozen Hefeweizens since and none compare.

Years back......A 20oz'er of "Hacker Pschorr" ....in the train station in Geneva Swit..............some beautiful scenery............................strolling by in the station!.................. :eek:

Greg

Probably a Westy 12.

Cheers!

I found the Westy 12 to be a little disappointing :(
The 8 was better, and the blonde was also "meh".

For my palette, Firestone Walker 14 is killer for the style it represents.
I love a fresh Bigfoot, as a DIPA (altho it's a barleywine).
I have a few bottles of Goose Island Rare that I got from the release party, that I have been working through.
Hair Of The Dog Adam from the wood is drinking very nice right now, as is any Fred with more than 5 years on it :)

* I love my beer cellar! :cheers:

I found the Westy 12 to be a little disappointing :(
The 8 was better, and the blonde was also "meh".

For my palette, Firestone Walker 14 is killer for the style it represents.
I love a fresh Bigfoot, as a DIPA (altho it's a barleywine).
I have a few bottles of Goose Island Rare that I got from the release party, that I have been working through.
Hair Of The Dog Adam from the wood is drinking very nice right now, as is any Fred with more than 5 years on it :)

* I love my beer cellar! :cheers:

Sorry to hear that about the Westy 12, lol I've had a Westy 8 and yes it also is very tasty. Also the Rochefort 8 and 10. St. Bernardus are no sloughes either. I've had all the FW Annv. I think the 10 and 11 were probably the best. To me Bigfoot has gone down the tubes in the last 3 years or so. I like the HOTD stuff, one of my favorite brewery's.

Cheers!

Westy 12 is no good? Wow. I put that among the few best beers I have ever had (and I have had A LOT). Guess it's to each his/her own.

Westy 12 is no good? Wow. I put that among the few best beers I have ever had (and I have had A LOT). Guess it's to each his/her own.

Hold on Jay, :stop: I didn't say "no good"! I said "a little disappointing". Obviously it is a world class beer, but for ME it fell a bit short of the hype. I have had several different years, and although the cellaring had imparted a some variation, I wasn't left thinking "this beer is the best beer ever"!

* Like you said.... to each their own :cheers:

I agree

i would never say that it was the best beer ive ever had

it was good

but by no means the best beer ever

Back