Best beer I ever had

wheebz i have a question you may be able to answer, have you seen EKU 28 from Germany lately i cant find it?? i have a friend who was in the army in the first gulf war and was stationed in Germany for a time, said he drank this alot there and its an excellent HEFEWIEZEN , i used to see it here BUT NO MORE

have you heard of it and is it still available??

thanks your friend Joe

I can answer that. EKU 28 happens to be one of my favorite beers of all time. Shangy's does carry it sometimes, but the last two times I have been there they did not have it. Its not a Hefewiezen, but an Eisbach from Bravaria. Good luck finding it, and if you do, let me know, I want some too!

I can answer that. EKU 28 happens to be one of my favorite beers of all time. Shangy's does carry it sometimes, but the last two times I have been there they did not have it. Its not a Hefewiezen, but an Eisbach from Bravaria. Good luck finding it, and if you do, let me know, I want some too!
thanks for the info i guess im not gonna find it but i have seen it a DUNDERBAK'S but that has also been many years
i would love to find it
thanks your friend Joe

So many that are so close. Pliny the Younger is up there mainly because of its exceptional taste but also its ability to hide its high ABV.

So many that are so close. Pliny the Younger is up there mainly because of its exceptional taste but also its ability to hide its high ABV.
yeah i have quite a few as well and in many different categories, as for spiced ales i like them but have to be in the mood for them
i really love the Belgian and Holland Dutch stuff best,there are a few craft brews i like also, im not enthused about high alcohol brews some of them taste like crap and i dont drink too much to begin with and dont like getting drunk, im a 1 or 2 type of guy,i admit im a light weight, yeah i go for taste strictly, and not to Hoppy, a touch of sweetness is ok not to much though i like malty yeasty brews and love the flavor of roasted barley malt that's why i love Stout so much, i also like some English Ales

thanks your friend Joe

if you like EKU 28, you will like Schneider Aventinus

top 5 favorite beers of mine
i never had Eku28(yet), but if this ones better and easier to find im going to look for it, from the name i take it its German also right??

thanks man this is a big help
your friend Joe

yea its the Schneider brewery in germany

they make amazing beers, but aventinus is my favorite, well that and their Eisbock which starts off as aventinus

So you like Belgians, Stouts, and English Ales. Here are a few that may interest you.

Fullers Vintage Ale 2011
Dupont Saison

All that came to mind. Cheers.

IMAG0618.jpg

A friend and co-worker of mine in Canada put me onto what is now my favorite "special occasion beer".

If I were a daily drinker, it COULD become that it is so good, but it is so good... that I chose to only drink it when I get the urge to have one rather than make it common and not something special anymore.

That is..
Hop City Brewery's.. Barking Squirrel. It is a Canadian beer. I got it in bottles, he says it comes in cans too, but is better in bottles, or... especially good of course right from the tap up in the local bars in Canada.
It is a dark beer with no harsh taste at all, no hoppy taste, and it reminds me quite a bit of my mom's home-made dark bread, and toasted lightly.

Wonderful...

For me my "daily" beer is from a local brewery which makes excellent brews...
Schell's Brewery in New Ulm, MN.
http://www.schellsbrewery.com/

The Schells Dark is my favorite from them, Schells Bock is pretty good too on occasion.
The Firebrick is a bit more hoppy than I like and the Chimney Sweep is interesting but not a favorite. The Emereld Rye was worth a try, a near IPA level of IBU level of hops-bitterness from what I understand, but it is masked by the breweing process so you don't notice it like you do in a true IPA... (I do not like true IPAs) but I was hoping for more of a Rye bread taste... especially with some caraway seeds in it.. now wouldn't that be interesting?? I may have to suggest that to them..
The Schell's Pils is a nice beer too if you aren't in the mood for a dark beer.

Oh... and.. their 1919 Rootbeer.(non-alcohol... and a true rootbeer).. is excellent!... ("brewed"... like done in the olden days...)

I also like...
Moose Drool (Big Sky Brewing Company)
http://www.bigskybrew.com/Our%20Beer

Most anyting from Sprecher Brewery (except the IPA)
They come in 16 oz bottles.. and 4-packs.
http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php (check out the website.. very interesting overview of the brews..)
Black Bavarian (very good)
Pub Brown Ale (excellent... and my favorite of their offerings.)
Special Amber.. (excellent..)
Hefe Weiss (very good)( I'm just more partial to darks...)
Octoberfest.. (excellent)

Revwarnut

Coco-Mole! it has chocolate and chilis that a mole would have. surprisingly , it's made by the people that do fat tire. i think it's just over 8% abv. a friend of mine got the only keg in Savannah at his resturaunt. it was soooo addicting!

I could never pick a single favorite beer but I will say the Stone Enjoy By IPA is always a treat. Also a Santa Fe Brewing Happy Camper IPA chilled in a mountain stream after hiking about 5 miles to our campsite was up there for sure.

I also love Rogue Chocolate Stout, Lagunita's Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga Substitute Ale, Santa Fe Brewing Java Imperial Stout, Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout, North Coast's Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, Rochefort Trappiste #8 the list goes on and on... #(&#$ there's a lot of great beers available. 30 years ago a Heineken or Labatts was considered special lol.

ajijoe said:
wheebz i have a question you may be able to answer, have you seen EKU 28 from Germany lately i cant find it?? i have a friend who was in the army in the first gulf war and was stationed in Germany for a time, said he drank this alot there and its an excellent HEFEWIEZEN , i used to see it here BUT NO MORE

have you heard of it and is it still available??

thanks your friend Joe

Old thread but I was bored (and I like beer).  Try here: http://www.beermenus.com/beers/kulmbacher-eku-28  They list it less than 100 miles from you, which is an acceptable journey for beer in my book.  :cheers:

I'm a big beer guy and the only ay to answer this very old question, is to pick my favorite beers from a certain style.  Such as my favorite hefeweiss beer is Weihenstephan, my favorite Trappist quad is Rochefort 10, my favorite ____ is ____  and so on...

You gotta narrow this down!

PS:  in no order  Pliny The Elder, St. Bernardus abt 12, Sofie, and Weihenstephan hefeweiss, KBS, Vitus, Orval, Rochefort 8, Founders RIS. 

Back