Best beer I ever had

Here is mine. If it wasn't so expensive I would drink it daily. :cheers:
stone-arrogant-bastard-ale.jpg

I like those too mike load of flavor there. i can't say i have a favorite too many good one's can't pick just one.i like going to BeVmo and picking a couple random beer i never seen nor heard of.

Holy Jeebus i love beer! here's a short list: (one of these does not belong... can you guess which one?)

Lagunitas under cover investigation shut down ale

Bell's Hopslam

Rogue Chocolate stout

Bud Light Platinum

I think most of the best beers that I have had were at AWOG. Its a local home brewers competition here in WNY. Many of which were different styles. So far was from this year. A wood aged Russian imperial stout. I felt like homer when he goes aaaaahhhhhhgggg and drools with his mouth open.

I like those too mike load of flavor there. i can't say i have a favorite too many good one's can't pick just one.i like going to BeVmo and picking a couple random beer i never seen nor heard of.

I agree. Picking a favorite beer is like picking a favorite food. Too many good ones to chose from.

i have actually never had the stuff. i just assume it's worse than the reg bl which is terrible.

MUch MuCh worse.....first off, BLP is advertised as a lite beer...BUT it is 6.0 %.... There's the red flag right there....a lite beer with 6% alcohol...WTF.. Only reason I tried it was because it was on clearance (that should have been a clue right?) so I sez what the hell. What a mistake....this stuff is nasty.. don't know what they put in this brew...three or four of em yields a nasty chemical like hangover....what CRAP. Save your money and get some real beer like
Sierra Nevada ~Samuel Adams, etc.

Thought I might add one of the best beers I ever had. Was a sixpack of "Royal Wedding Ale" brewed by Green King brewery in the United Kindgom for the wedding of Princess Di and Charles. I was visiting my uncle in England back in 1983 and he kept a six pack for me. Needless to say , I made short order of it. :)

Alex,

Have you tried the Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale? Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:
It's about the same color as the beer in the "smiley" you see. ;)

stone-sublimey-self-righteous.jpg

I've been working my way through all the highest rated Beer Advocate brews. Of the IPA's and Pale Ales

My two favorites are now Bells Two Hearted and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin.

I tried a Stone Pale Ale last week and while it was good, it was unremarkable, and actually I like Flying Dog Pale ale better. The hops were more floral and were better balanced with the malt.

Well i just know I wont win many friends with this little joke.... what does sex in a canoe and drinking Buddweiser has in common?.....they are both f-ing close to water :party:

anyway... back to the post... the best beer I have tasted is the one thats brewed in my hometown, called Hancock Høker

dk_hancock_hoker_350.jpg

I can't believe this is true, but one of my bestest friends bought me the best beer in the world. If you have not heard of it, Westvleteren 12 is considered by many to be the top ranked beer in the world. It is made by Tappist Monks in Belgium. It is not available outside of Belgium and is very hard to get even there. I was lucky enough to have this a couple years ago when my brother brought it back with him from a business trip to Belgium. Not exactly sure how my friend pulled this off, but I am very thankful.

100_1097.JPG

100_1095.JPG

I can't believe this is true, but one of my bestest friends bought me the best beer in the world. If you have not heard of it, Westvleteren 12 is considered by many to be the top ranked beer in the world. It is made by Tappist Monks in Belgium. It is not available outside of Belgium and is very hard to get even there. I was lucky enough to have this a couple years ago when my brother brought it back with him from a business trip to Belgium. Not exactly sure how my friend pulled this off, but I am very thankful.

They were just recently available in the US on an extremely limited basis for the hefty entry fee of $85 a sixer. And that included the two cool glasses.

They said something about the Abbey wanting to do some upgrades with the influx of US cash. I've had it before as well. Good beer no doubt. Very complex flavors. I enjoyed it, but not $85 worth of enjoyment.

$85 for a sixpack with two glasses is cheap compared to what it is to get the stuff "black market". This one isn't the imported to US stuff with the new labels. This one is a 2010, from the brewery itself. I don't know if they are one and the same or not. I will have to try to get the imported stuff and try it.

$85 for a sixpack with two glasses is cheap compared to what it is to get the stuff "black market". This one isn't the imported to US stuff with the new labels. This one is a 2010, from the brewery itself. I don't know if they are one and the same or not. I will have to try to get the imported stuff and try it.

They are one and the same. Westvleteren didn't cheat on that. And you'd be lucky to still find a sixer around. Most places sold out in less than a day.

I'd say the Abbey will be in fine shape shortly. It sort of irks me though. They don't sell outside the Abbey until they need some money, then they do a one time deal, and make a bundle off a country they have said they will never ship to again.

Piss off ya monks.

yea jay thats one of the bottles that they made here for the US

the regular ones come with just a plain white cap on them

Back