• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Best music to play for plants

I've heard that playing music will help plants grow better, so I've been trying it. After 30 minutes, my plants seem to like one Fleetwood Mac song the best: Grow Your Own Way.

(So my plants don't understand lyrics great - they wanted to know why there was a bathroom on the right!)

Mike

My pepper plants dig on a variety of music. Here's a short list:

Elvis - Burnin' Love
James Brown - Get on Up
Peter Tosh - Bushman
Tom Jones - Green Onions
Spinal Tap - Sex Farm (pepper plants favorite)

Wow, they're very different Talas, radio one and classic FM. My mum listens to both as well. Radio one BTW for those who don't know of it is basically chart music and probably the most popular radio station in the UK.

rainbowberry said:
Wow, they're very different Talas, radio one and classic FM. My mum listens to both as well. Radio one BTW for those who don't know of it is basically chart music and probably the most popular radio station in the UK.
Obviously. :P
Well I'm not much a radio person. I do listen to VH1 Classic every now and then.

For Pepper Plants Specificly:
Hot Hot Hot - Buster Poindexter
Senses working overtime - XTC
On Fire - Van Halen
Voodoo Chile- Jimi Hendrix
Let it Grow - Grateful Dead
Crash Burn - Blues Traveler

My plants have to endure/may enjoy what I am listening to. I made sure, they can't reach for the remote!

What I am into is more or less the kinda stuff that I mentioned in the "What are you listening to now" thread - it turned out to be basically the same kinda stuff RB listens to....

Chiliac said:
What I am into is more or less the kinda stuff that I mentioned in the "What are you listening to now" thread - it turned out to be basically the same kinda stuff RB listens to....

Puff the magic Dragon :)

It's a well-known fact that you can increase the hotness by pissing off the plant (pinch a leaf, etc.), I would imagine blasting some thrash/death metal at it might serve the same purpose.

DEFCON Creator said:
It's a well-known fact that you can increase the hotness by pissing off the plant (pinch a leaf, etc.), I would imagine blasting some thrash/death metal at it might serve the same purpose.
Thrash is beautiful... very harmonic. most modern death materials are melodic, so the same goes for that.
You need black metal to get those peppers stressed. no kidding, I can sleep with death metal in the background, but melodic power metal is better. :P

QuadShotz said:
Well, I mostly listen to a local radio station called TheBuzzard that plays good rock 'n roll..everything from Floyd to Metallica.
(lots of that)
Pink Floyd = brilliant stuff, but metallica? really man, metallica? :shocked:

Back