• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Best music to play for plants

Forgive me if this was braught up in earlier posts for this subject (I just skimmed the previous posts). This has been studied over and over for the subject of plants and their responses to various audio stimuli. There was also a great deal of study done by a Japanese guy (I think it was japanese...I beileve he's known as the "Water Doctor") on the same subject but with water...turns out water is very much alive.

Turns out Classical music is the best for plants. Anything "soothing and nice" works wonders. If you play heavy metal or scream nasty things ta the plants, they wilt.

imaguitargod said:
Turns out Classical music is the best for plants. Anything "soothing and nice" works wonders. If you play heavy metal or scream nasty things ta the plants, they wilt.

Wanna know why? Sound waves. What do they do? Move air. Loud noises and low end thumps move a lot of air quickly and in short bursts. Test it out on your pets. Crank up some heavy metal or hip-hop really loud. I bet they leave the room. Now try some jazz or classical on a lower volume. They'll probably come back.

Plants are living things. Intelligent life? No. But, they react to their environment.

Zappa - Bongo Fury ..it's in my car right now. I need my plants to listen to that. Capt. Beefheart and guitar from hell is pure sonic sex. How can any pepper plant not swoon at the sound?
Cheers, TB.

Back