• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Best Reggae

Hawaiian Reggae

[media]http://youtu.be/oo1ZrQNd64w[/media]

This poor baby is dealing with some serious shit for being so young. Not long after her 23rd birthday and release of her 1st album she found out she has stage 4 esophageal cancer. Apologies to the boss if this is unacceptable but I am also posting the link to a fundraising site for her. Youcare.com was chosen as the platform because they don't take a percentage of donations like the others (gofundme, etc.)
She and my son got married 3 years ago and moved to Seattle from Hawaii. They were living the dream of a young couple, exploring the world on their own terms with no children to tie them down and no parents to hold them back. Now they are faced with some harsh realities that none of us were ready for.

https://www.youcaring.com/shayde-k-baker-636789?fb_action_ids=10155271688007195&fb_action_types=youcaringcom%3Ashare

Hawaiianero said:
Hawaiian Reggae

[media]http://youtu.be/oo1ZrQNd64w[/media]

This poor baby is dealing with some serious shit for being so young. Not long after her 23rd birthday and release of her 1st album she found out she has stage 4 esophageal cancer. Apologies to the boss if this is unacceptable but I am also posting the link to a fundraising site for her. Youcare.com was chosen as the platform because they don't take a percentage of donations like the others (gofundme, etc.)
She and my son got married 3 years ago and moved to Seattle from Hawaii. They were living the dream of a young couple, exploring the world on their own terms with no children to tie them down and no parents to hold them back. Now they are faced with some harsh realities that none of us were ready for.

https://www.youcaring.com/shayde-k-baker-636789?fb_action_ids=10155271688007195&fb_action_types=youcaringcom%3Ashare

For all intensive purposes this is mine n' gip's thread, boss have no say here. j/k  ;)

I %100 approve of this post here. I'm so sorry to hear of your DIL's illness. She has such a beautiful voice and its a great song (I will listen to again). I will be sending this link to some of my musical bruddah's on Oahu and ask them to spread the word. They are the owners and craftsmen of Iseman Koa Wood Guitars. I am also very close to some local Island boy's here, (also musicians) and will let them know too.

And I will close with this, this is "Southside Burn" a Hawaiian reggae band out of Oahu I managed some years back. Note: we got the legendary Nighthawk straight out of Jamaica to do the vocal tracks.

Aoxomoxoa
AoxomoxoA 

If you fly stunt kites to win competitions, you won't understand, but if you fly to give pleasure and entertain the audience, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If tangled lines are an irritating frustration, you won't understand, but if you find untangling relaxing and therapeutic, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you buy rare and expensive kites and hang them on the wall, you won't understand, but if risk hand-painted washi-paper kites in the elements, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you're struggling to be the fastest buggier in the country, you won't understand, but if you dream of buggying across dry lakes in the gentle zephyrs at 2am, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you build your own kites to save money, you won't understand, but if you sew to try new ideas, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you wouldn't lend your kite to a stranger, you wouldn't understand, but if you're ready to loose or destroy anything you fly, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you enjoy buzzing noisy stunters on the beach, you wouldn't understand, but if you've found the pleasure of a simple, reliable single-line delta, you might find AoxomoxoA
Well, it ain't Nirvana, but AoxomoxoA is second best!

hogleg said:

For all intensive purposes this is mine n' gip's thread, boss have no say here. j/k  ;)

I %100 approve of this post here. I'm so sorry to hear of your DIL's illness. She has such a beautiful voice and its a great song (I will listen to again). I will be sending this link to some of my musical bruddah's on Oahu and ask them to spread the word. They are the owners and craftsmen of Iseman Koa Wood Guitars. I am also very close to some local Island boy's here, (also musicians) and will let them know too.

And I will close with this, this is "Southside Burn" a Hawaiian reggae band out of Oahu I managed some years back. Note: we got the legendary Nighthawk straight out of Jamaica to do the vocal tracks.

Aoxomoxoa
AoxomoxoA 

If you fly stunt kites to win competitions, you won't understand, but if you fly to give pleasure and entertain the audience, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If tangled lines are an irritating frustration, you won't understand, but if you find untangling relaxing and therapeutic, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you buy rare and expensive kites and hang them on the wall, you won't understand, but if risk hand-painted washi-paper kites in the elements, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you're struggling to be the fastest buggier in the country, you won't understand, but if you dream of buggying across dry lakes in the gentle zephyrs at 2am, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you build your own kites to save money, you won't understand, but if you sew to try new ideas, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you wouldn't lend your kite to a stranger, you wouldn't understand, but if you're ready to loose or destroy anything you fly, you might find AoxomoxoA 

If you enjoy buzzing noisy stunters on the beach, you wouldn't understand, but if you've found the pleasure of a simple, reliable single-line delta, you might find AoxomoxoA
Well, it ain't Nirvana, but AoxomoxoA is second best!

I knew you had some deep connections to the islands when you mentioned Locals Rubbah Slippahs in a post a while back. Big Mahalo for your support.
Since you know Hawaii musicians you might recognize her family. Father is Jamin Wong who's stage name is Chief Ragga and her Grandfather is Jameson Wong from the band Ho'Aikane.
It was music that brought the 2 kids together. Her uncle, Joby Wong started drumming for the band my son was in and the rest just fell into place.

Here's a song my son wrote before he met her but told her it was always meant for her, he's the bass player. On a side note, they got better and won the Heineken Hot Hawaiian Nights competition for Island of Hawaii and got to perform a set on TV.
[media]http://youtu.be/aply9VKwH_0[/media]

Back