better pepper powder maker?

last year for my dried red habs i used a food processor to make em into a powder, and it wasn't a very fine powder...

any reccomendations on somthing fairly cheap, that basically makes dried peppers into dust?

yea coffe grinder and then after your done grind some coffee in it and make some killer kickin brew. lol.

Yup, I hava spare grinder jsut for spices. Was free, but ya can go to a thrift store and pick one up cheep too. Like $2.

Works a treat. (let it settle after grinding b4 taking lid off....give the top a tap too to settle the dust)

Here's an example for ya.

This is my 20+ y.o. Braun coffee grinder. If it can powder rock-hard chile meco chipotles, I'm pretty sure it'll do about anything.

S6303725.jpg

I did break them up by hand into smaller peices though first, leaving out the stems of course.

Does a grand job. :D

S6303726.jpg

The smell and flavor of this powder is absolutly insane.

A burr grinder works even better than the bladed coffee grinders, giving a more consistent full grind ,but they can be hard to find for a reasonable price. I lucked out and found an oster for $19.99 at a liquidation store we sometimes go to.

Or you could go Old school and visit an asian grocery store and buy yourself a big stone mortar and pestle .. Very cool sitting out on the counter and a great way to bash up large quantities of garlic fast.. plus it makes the best pesto ever .
the texture of food processor pesto just isn't the same.

Ashen said:
A burr grinder works even better than the bladed coffee grinders, giving a more consistent full grind ,but they can be hard to find for a reasonable price. I lucked out and found an oster for $19.99 at a liquidation store we sometimes go to.

Or you could go Old school and visit an asian grocery store and buy yourself a big stone mortar and pestle .. Very cool sitting out on the counter and a great way to bash up large quantities of garlic fast.. plus it makes the best pesto ever .
the texture of food processor pesto just isn't the same.

The problem with mortar and pestle is getting the heat out of it after grinding up some superhots.

millworkman said:
The problem with mortar and pestle is getting the heat out of it after grinding up some superhots.

Never had that problem, I just wash it with my other dirty dishes.

Back