• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Better poles for Vanilla

Not I use coconut husk on out side of poles to grow the Vanilla now. Its working much better now.
IMG_0228.jpg

This is a close up showing the roots growing deep in the coconut hucks.
IMG_0227.jpg

I had other orchids that I left when we moved. Will get more when I've moved all the fruit trees in there right spot and learn the best spots in the new place to grow what. Have plants doing great and others dying. One of the Vanilla vines is not doing well enough and need the pole for another Vanilla off shoot. Think after a few years the Vanilla could be like weeds here.

I'm new to growing alot of what we have so having trouble keeping up. Wish I was more careful of the Cocoa tree replanting it. Now I have to look hard to find a good one with a good tap root at the only one seller we know. Plus I really must change the dirt to better draining dirt and repot 3 Ceylon cinnamon trees. One is real bad as its in the clay I could find. The 2nd bad is in mixed. the 3rd is mostly in Coconut husk. Life is not easy here buying dirt as could be almost anything. Mostly its not well draining. The best thing is the compost I started 6 months ago I'm starting to use and its helping.

Yes I've got some small Dendrobium hybreds in Bkk last time I was there. Dendrobiums Grow great here, almost as easy as just thowing them out side and leaving them alone. I'd love to get some Phalaenopsis as well but not sure if it gets cold enough to get them to flower here.

Back