• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut Jolokia article in the August issue of GOURMET magazine

Interesting article in the August issue of Gourmet. A foodie travels all the way to India to eat nagas in their native habitat. Pretty good read. Check it out.

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT LINKS!

:lol::lol:haha, sorry I had to do it:) I don't know if there is a link as it's in their new publication. The title of the article is awesome '“The Red Hot Chile Peppers” (page 54).

chuk hell said:
Interesting article in the August issue of Gourmet. A foodie travels all the way to India to eat nagas in their native habitat. Pretty good read. Check it out.

Hey you guys would really like this picture I'm looking at!

Skyjerk said:
Hey you guys would really like this picture I'm looking at!
Dude one time i took this picture...of this thing...it was awesome. I had a pic but i think it's on page 32 of my scrapbook.

(yet another thing you will always wonder about, but never know.)

Pepp3rFreak said:
I don't know if there is a link as it's in their new publication. The title of the article is awesome '“The Red Hot Chile Peppers” (page 54).

It is page 54 of the new issue.

gorumetmag-8-08.jpg

http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/toc/2008/08/august_toc?currentPage=3

Be interesting to read, but a bit $$$ for my taste. ;)

There is a killer looking recipe for Japapeno Poppers though...

rs_augustpick_poppers608.jpg

http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/2008/08/jalapenopop

Yummers!!

-QS

Biscombe said:
Can we have a link Chuck?

Yeah, as you have figured out, it's in the print edition. I have a subscription because of my work....I'm a professional "foodie".

It's 4 bucks at the newsstand..or ...if you're cheap like me go someplace like Borders..or your local library... and sit down and read it.

There's also an article about a Pennsylvania chile farmer who grows chocolate habs....

The larger point of my post is that it is interesting to see nagas mentioned in a mainstream publication. What are the implications? Will there be a day when I don't have to explain ot people just what a "naga pepper" is?

chuk hell said:
Will there be a day when I don't have to explain ot people just what a "naga pepper" is?

An even bigger question is, will the Naga Morich be someday dethroned the way the Red Savina was with some 2,500,000 scoville unit monster??

Yep, I got that pepper in my backyard growing as we spreak. KIDDING!! The funny thing is someone probably does. We just don't have a way of testing the heat levels.

Chris

Skyjerk said:
An even bigger question is, will the Naga Morich be someday dethroned the way the Red Savina was with some 2,500,000 scoville unit monster??

i read the article at Wegman's tonight. It's pretty lame. It talks as if the ONLY place you can get a bhut jolokia or naga is in India. We all know that's not true.

Still, cool find. :)

I read this a few days ago and began trying to figure out how to post it on here. I really liked the other article about the flea market pepper vendor too. We have all seen "that guy" the one who nothing is hot enough for. It is always predictable and congrats to the vendor for having the nerve to give him a chocolate hab to put him in his place.

Back