• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

bhut jolokia sprouts

here are some bhut jolokia sprouts that popped up a few days ago. they will be grown outside this summer and i might try to put some in the hydro system a few months from now

100_4094.jpg

the clone on the back right didnt take to well but the others seem to be doing alirght

100_4095.jpg

i use rapid rooter trays and plugs
this is what there website said about them

Rapid Rooter plugs are all natural soilless organic grow plugs that are made from composted tree bark and other organic materials. They're fortified with micro nutrients for abundant root growth and provide optimal air-to-water ratio for explosive root growth.

this is my first time using them but you can use them for both soil and hydro which is good

growandfootbags016.jpg

growandfootbags015.jpg

growandfootbags014.jpg

thanks pam, i have more experience with indoor growing than i do with outdoor. i have had a few indoor plants grown hydro and in soil but never had any soil grows outdoors, this summer will be my first to ever grow outdoors and i hope it goes well.

I've never paid too much attention to hydro because I like digging in the dirt so much. It's been interesting, though, to read about all the different set ups that you folks have and how good the plants look.

They look nice. Where did you get your Bhut Jolokia seeds from and how long did they take to germinate?

i got them from nmsu about 2 months ago. i put them into the rapid rooter pulgs on feb 23 and they started to sprout around march 4-5

here are my bhut jolokia seedlings as of 03-16-08
14 out of the 20 i planted are above ground and 3 more are soon to be. they are a little leggy but im not worried about that
100_4122.jpg

100_4120.jpg

and here is a spicy mustard clone that i cut about 1 week ago
100_4124.jpg

100_4125.jpg

Wow, the rapid rooters seems to live up to the promise of their name! Never heard about them before... I wonder if they are one sale over here...

i've used them and i think i prefer rockwool.. maybe i was more awake every time i used rockwool : ). they are both very good tho, the rapid rooters in my opinion germinated a seed slightly faster but not as often, maybe i got it too wet.

nice looking clones tho!! and the lil ones are pretty too : ).

thanks guys. yeah i usually just use rockwool but wanted to try something new and so far i like the results. i am just using a 16w cfl (i think its a Ott Lite), but pretty soon im taking the 60w cfl out of my old grow box and make a new one for my seedlings :)

i wet them when they seem dry and that seems to be every night, i try to give each rapid rooter plug about 3ml of water that has a very small amount of nutrients in it. they are on a heat pad until i transfer them into a bigger pot. nice looking light set up, i might have to build one. do you use a cool and warm bulb in the reflector?

Great looking Bhuts 303.
Thanks for sharing.
I am behind on my Bhut growth as well.
Since our colorado grow season is extremely slow, I wonder if we get good production here.

Where do you buy your rapid root plugs, locally in CO?

thanks for sharing.

Sanjay.

abf,those are looking good!my bhut's sprouted this weekend and broke soil yesterday!i got mine from a nice trader on another site tho...i'm growing them outside,expecting rain tomorrow,i'm debating weather to let them weather,or p##s out!only three up,i'll probably play it safe!do you keep yours under 24 hr lites?

sanj i bought my rapid rooter plugs and tray from the big tomato hydroponic store, its right off colfax and 6th ave. scoville i did have the lights on for 24 hrs a day but now that i took out my 60w cfl from my old grow box i keep them on for 18 and off for 6

i think i am going to give rapid rooters another try.. they fit well in the trays and are more solid than dirt :| sorry dirt lovers.. but it doesn't meet my needs : ).

since i have never used them before i thought i would give them a try but now that i have seen the results i will keep buying them. you can keep the tray and just buy the plugs too. since the last pictures i now have 18 sprouts above ground out of 20 :)

Back