• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion, Naga Morich, Douglah questions...

*looks at Nova's picture*

amazing what you can do with such a limited space. i feel inspired to do this and not worried about cross pollination.

probably keep a few isolated and potted ones for true seeds.

If you want to get seeds for the next season just grab some pods from the middle of the plant, bees find it hard to get in there. Get a few pods and plant seeds from each pod. You may end up with some cool crosses too!

Novacastrian said:
Growing in there are Douglahs, Barrackpore, Dorset Naga, Yellow 7-Pod, Unidentified Naga, Bonda Ma Jacque and Tabasco. Oh and a mully :D They all seem to love the soil in there.
Only amended with bonfires during the winter for the charcoal, a few dead "things" and some cow poo. I only ever foliage feed them now.

A mully??

Dude, that Tabasco is rockin'!!! Cool how the supers tend to hide their wares, huh?! I'm sure that under that canopy lurks some serious venom! Lol!

Jimmy - It wasn't that kind of...oh never mind! HA!

We're at 1500m above sea level, and I reckon we have heat until April 20 or so. Certainly not longer - our mornings are already cooler,,,12C or so!

Put that Bhut in a pot and overwinter it! It looks like all 4 of my Bhuts from last year are going to survive so they should really put out early this year. Usable non-BER pods came a little late last year but I still ended up with over 500 usable pods from the 4 plants. Many of the pods were huge as well. Absolutely my favorite plant. Seeds came from Hotpeppa on this forum in a trade. All my pepper plants were grown in 5 gallon pots (a few 7 gallon) on top of tarmac and they got sun from early morning until 3pm. I think the afternoon shade helped them since the tarmac got very hot in the summer.

Iv'e been reading certain articles that the Assam Bhut/Bih produces more pods the CPI bhut. Anyone have this experience or are they about the same?
Ive only grown the CPI variety

If someone has problems with the plants dropping too much flowers: in the beginning this is quite normal. The Chinense wait, until all conditions seem right for them. If everything (light, temperature, soil, fertilizer,...) is right and they continue, then try giving them less water. I had the same problem with my Fatalii last year. After I gave her less water, she kept much more flowers.

Back