• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut Jolokias are....

Not as hot as Trinidad Scorpions. Ate a Bhut today and while it was hot it didnt compare to the pain the Butch T Scorpion I have eaten. I am willing to wager that if they ever test a Scorpion liek they did the Bhut it will be almost twice as hot.

Take my word I have eaten both. The Trinidad was NASTY hot, like unbearable. There is alot of hype around the Bhut because of media coverage. The Scorpion is way hotter. My buddy who has eaten both agrees that the Scorpion is WAY hotter, he is the one thats said its twice as hot and I agreed.

Take my word I have eaten both. The Trinidad was NASTY hot, like unbearable. There is alot of hype around the Bhut because of media coverage. The Scorpion is way hotter. My buddy who has eaten both agrees that the Scorpion is WAY hotter, he is the one thats said its twice as hot and I agreed.

I've also heard the same. :hell: :hell:

The Bhut burns like a coal fired furnace, but the scorpion stings with a searing concentrated flame. :)

Scorp vs. Bhut = Scorp torches Bhut and leaves ashes in its wake. :hell:

Bhuts have flavor while Scorpions just pack the crazy heat. I personally will never eat another Trinidad scorpion-BT pepper but maybe a naga/bhut

A Scorp's flavor isn't as fine as a Bhut/Naga, but is great for adding that extra punch to a sauce when blended with other more flavorful pods. ;) In a heat contest the Bhut still looses though. :)

Maybe the fruit I had was not so hot but I just tried a piece from the business end of this thing (close to the back where all the seeds and spongy bits are) and it was not even 1/3 of the heat of the 7 pod I tried. So far as my first TS, I'd say it was hotter than a normal orange hab, but not by a whole lot. Most of the heat hit my tongue. The 7 pod hit me everywhere with a vengence.

Here is the TS I tried from

1.jpg

I whole heartedly agree with SS. I bought a bunch of fresh pods from Pepperlover and I have to say the TS is just plain heat with no wonderful flavor to me. GREAT to add insta-heat to something but not something I enjoy for the flavor. Now the TS I tried was the TS Moruouga blend and I have also "discovered" that I don't really enjoy just "popping" them in my mouth to munch on. :doh:

Too many variables in growing them to say one is absolutely hotter than another.That would imply every time they were all sampled the taster would pick the Trini Scorp. Just read a couple of the above posts, two folks have already disagreed and selected 7 pods.

Back