• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Big Black Mama

I was lucky enough this year to get some Big Black Mama seeds from Troy Primeaux and I must say, I'm loving this strain. How many of us are growing it this year? I'd like to know how other members' grows are going. Feel free to post your BBM progress here. My plant is more tall than bushy, but these pods are some of the biggest and gnarliest pods I've ever had in my garden. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

a525VUK.jpg

zT0h8w4.jpg

Looking great man. I've got 5 BBM from seeds Troy sent and 2 BMM from Jim Duffy. The BBMs plants are getting nice and big but not much to show for pods yet. The BMM is starting to catch up with the others but no pods there either. One of the varieties I'm really looking forward to

Scorched said:
Looking great man. I've got 5 BBM from seeds Troy sent and 2 BMM from Jim Duffy. The BBMs plants are getting nice and big but not much to show for pods yet. The BMM is starting to catch up with the others but no pods there either. One of the varieties I'm really looking forward to
Thank you! You've got some really awesome varieties this year, Tony. I'm excited to see how they all turn out. Maybe you'll end up with a BRM among your BBM plants. :)

-Adam

mpicante said:
I'm almost certain it is NAGA MORICH X DOUGLAH
^+1. You are absolutely correct. Bill Moore tells the story in his "unofficial" review of BBM. So yes, it is a 7-pot Douglah variant.

-Adam

Wait. Maybe I'm wrong. Is the Trinidad Douglah the same as the 7 pot Douglah?

mpicante said:
Adam those pods look incredible! looks like you're doing a great job over there!
Thank you very much, Florisa! Things are starting to ripen, so as soon as I get enough, I'll send some your way!
Myxlplyk said:
Bhuter, where bouts in MI are you? We might be able to trade info/seeds/plants if you're in SE.

Nice Mama, btw! :onfire:
Thanks! I'm south of Jackson, near ohio.
Gargoyle91 said:
Would love to get a hold of a few of these seeds :) Great looking pods!
My seeds will be non-isolated, but I don't mind trading.
romy6 said:
Just wait til Al Sharpton and the Reverend Jesse Jackson find out about this  :rofl: I am gonna pass on this one  ;)

J/k bodacious pods Bhuter !!!!!!
Thanks, Romy! The name does seem a little politically incorrect. Lol

This BBM is taking it's sweet time ripening, but it should only be another day or 2.

Back