• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Big Jim 2007 competition

Well I think I'd win the contest for smallest ripe BigJim. My BigJim plants, like last year, are showing two distict variations. I get the normal upright, quick growing, large flowered one and then I always get one that wants to grow sideways instead of up with smaller leaves, flowers and peppers. I do have some big ones on the way.

LOL where did you get the seeds..... Reimer :(
I'm very impressed with the plant. Every flower has successfully grown a fruit.
Unlike my Caribbean Hab, lots of flowers but not a single fruit.

POTAWIE said:
Well I think I'd win the contest for smallest ripe BigJim. My BigJim plants, like last year, are showing two distict variations. I get the normal upright, quick growing, large flowered one and then I always get one that wants to grow sideways instead of up with smaller leaves, flowers and peppers. I do have some big ones on the way.

it's a boy, you must be a very proud dad!

do you get both pod types on the same plant POTAWIE? what is your watering/fertilising regime?

Mark

habman said:
LOL where did you get the seeds..... Reimer :shocked:
Yes, that's my whole problem. From original Reimer seed
I get some duds(must have been cross polinated) but from seeds saved from last year's biggies, I have no problems yet.

Hi Potawie,

If you win this year, I promise I'll double check all the measurements before announcing the winner ;)

8th out of 188 is pretty good going. However the season is young. Just watch us Brits charge up the leader board when our season gets going

My "rabbit" is up to nearly 19cm! Growth seems to be slowing, though. :P No problems, there's a long time to go.

Let's see some people update their entries on the Challenge page!

habman said:
Looks like 15-16 cm is the top for me in hydro.
I'm going to plant it outside on june first.

We had a Frost warning last year in Ottawa on June 9th so be very careful. We had frost here a couple of days ago too.:onfire:

POTAWIE said:
We had a Frost warning last year in Ottawa on June 9th so be very careful. We had frost here a couple of days ago too.:(

Tell me about it!
Last week I planted all my tomatoes outside.The next 4 days it rained and we had frost. Lost all my tomatoe plants...ALL OF THEM :(
Oh well I'm a noob so I got to learn the hard way I guess.
Good thing I did not plant my precious peppers with the tomatoes :onfire:

I got 4 Bim Jim that are mature and red....
What do I do with them? What's best way to enjoy them?
Stuff it with cheese, dry them to make powder or add them to salsa ?

Back