• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bigcedar 2019

[SIZE=11pt]Hi everyone! It’s been quite a few years since I’ve posted and after lurking around for the last couple months all excited about growing peppers again I decided it was time for a THP reunion :party:[/SIZE]  I’m happy to see a small handful of familiar faces still around and I’m Iooking forward to getting to know the rest of you guys and gals!

[SIZE=11pt]Quite a bit has changed in the last 6 years. Life was pretty crazy for awhile. The best news I feel like is that we are now homeowners on 5 acres. Left the rental in the city for a home in the country :) We lived in a trailer for 7 months while it was being built. It was one heck of an experience my family and I will never forget that’s for sure![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It’s been a full year since we got in our house. We absolutely love our house, we love living out in the country. Life is good. I spent last year planting stuff that takes a few years to produce well, an orchard, berries of all kinds, meadow flowers, and countless perennial flowers and trees. I swear I dug 3,000 holes last year. So this year it’s back to the important things, like growing chile peppers! I have some pretty intense ADHD like behaviors when it comes to hobbies. I’ve been borderline obsessed with quite a few in my days. I go big or go home and then I eventually get bored.. I find a new interest to obsess over and move on from the last. Growing peppers is the only hobby I’ve ever had that I always end up crawling back to. So here I am, growing some damn superhots again. A few months late, impulsive, but screw it, I’m going for it. A good 2 acres of the property is in full sun from sunup, to sundown and that’s double the direct sunlight that I’ve ever had in past grows, I’m okay with a game of catch up! [/SIZE]

N7c4nC9.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Alright here we go.. Let the glog begin![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well first off, during the big move I lost, or threw away my superhot seed collection... It was a good 300 variety + collection. I treated my house like I was the DEA and my seed collection was 50 kilos of Columbian snow. I looked in, under, over, and to the side of everything we own. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Man that was hard to swallow! No reason to dwell though, time to start over. I’ve been out of the game so long that I’d never heard of White Hot Peppers but they had some cool varieties that I’ve never seen and I read some good things here. I cannot say enough good things myself. Super fast shipping, quality seeds and tons of freebies I wanted to buy but restrained myself from! I felt like a little kid at Christmas time opening up that package. Thanks alot WHP![/SIZE]

qiNRlwL.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Time to plant some seeds! I normally would have liked to have these in dirt by the end of February at the latest. Well that time has past, better late than never. Planted 4.10 My plan is to OW anything I feel is worth it, I think I have room for 40-60 overwinters, so even if I don’t get pods of these, I’ll be completely okay with a large plant that I can OW that will kill it next year. I did cheat a little bit as well and have some plants coming any day from cross country nurseries :shh:[/SIZE]  (just in case I lose this game of catch up! It's my pod insurance policy!!)

NGBGGeR.jpg

gzKILfV.jpg

Typical rainy April day in Western Washington!

wLfuUbo.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Another issue, I sold all of my HOT5’s, MH’s, HPS’s, and seed heating mats back in the "holy shit we need more money!" moving days. Living out in the country has a way of teaching you how to jerry-rig so with that said...  How do I heat up these seeds without spending money.. Rubbermaid, old pots, old flats, a reptile heating mat, a baby chick heat lamp, lid, reptile thermostat and…. Walaa! [/SIZE]

muZumTw.jpg

af05Obe.jpg

Yep.... that'll work!

It's pretty ghetto I know and a lot different than using all the fancy equipment that I've gotten use to over the years but it'll do I think!

Should be seeing sprouts soon, CCN plants are coming in any day and I do have a few nursery bought plants I'm testing some new soil out with right now while using my aquarium plant LED light  :lol:

I have a bad habit of overfilling my time plate if you will, and back in 2016 I did just that. I thought it would be a great idea to grow again even with all of life's other things going on at the time. I embarked on my largest superhot grow to date after taking 3 years off.. Well, I barely had time to sleep that year, seriously.. But! I did accomplish my biggest and best grow yet! It was flawless from start to finish. I was pretty damn proud of it! All the while wishing I had time to post about it here on THP and that time was definitely not there. So, with that said I have to just share a few pics from that grow.. It was pretty nuts, I ended up having to move right as the major harvesting was going on and intense processing was about to start. I barely got to enjoy any of the peppers, lost most of it due to needing to find a new home and fast but that was totally okay, I had a ton of fun that year, I proved myself to myself that year. It was good!  :)

July 2016

XhexB8N.jpg

My daughter jumping so I could see where she was at  :lol:
August..

ZL8VJql.jpg

September..

R0OFx4U.jpg

and.. October.

H5j34hj.jpg

DU82xV0.jpg

XMUlyzU.jpg

:cool:

Well, it's good to be back! I gotta start meeting new chile people and checking out all these glogs! Til next time!
Brandon

Everything is looking good and coming along nicely Brandon. Your photography is awesome. The driveway picture is great. Too bad the weather has been less than ideal but I don't think you'll be too far off that 2016 season. Those morugababy pods are looking killer already.

You have great bugs. I've only seen one ladybug in my garden and I've never seen anything like that dragonfly looking thing in your first yard flower picture. What is that?

Yes, your yard is eXtremely cool. Life is good when you live full time where most would love to go for a vacation. Congrats brother.

It's been awhile, I've been running as always.

Great shots of the day trips, vacation, and the home place. Like Dee said your place is beautiful ;)

Plants are coming along really well! You will be loaded down before you know it with all those plants you have. And have I said yet? 108 OW's? You crazy? I have yet to have any luck to speak of with OW's they just hate me..LOL

We have such different climates. I'm already packing it in for some of them; that or gardening would be a year round thing. I do love it but not that much :shh:

Keep it green buddy!

Hey B!  Saw your update yesterday, but just didn't have enough time then to respond to all that goodness!  Man, I haven't been out to either peninsula this year and I'm not sure I'll make it, but the pictures of your local landscapes and the wa coast shots are really fixing that Jones - or maybe feeding it; not sure which.  Just really cool stuff.  And that "totem pole" dragonfly is crazy looking. Don't know how you got it to sit still for the close-up.

It's encouraging to see the 2016 shots of how much happened between July 12th and Aug 20th.  Heck, if you can grow an actual live person in that amount of time surely I can grow some pepper plants.  ;)   June often sucks in our area and it's carried over well into July this year, but it's a good reminder there's still lots of time left, especially if we get a good September. 

Definitely great to see your plants hitting stride and starting to pod up. I was surprised to see some of my scotch bonnets podding at the community plots yesterday. They had such a tough start, but things are finally moving.  Hope our weather keeps improving and things keep rolling strong for you.

BigCedar said:
And my yards pretty damn cool... It has still yet to really set in that this is my house now. It's honestly hard to get up the motivation to leave and go see other places these days lol..

WOW!  Just, WOW!

Hey everyone! I'm still alive and kickin! Thanks for saving me the 5 minutes of searching for my glog Paul I appreciate it buddy!  :lol:

For what its worth sorry for the absence guys. Time and I don't get along very well in the summer months, with fall and winter rolling in we seem to be on much better terms these days lol.

I hope all is well with everyone and you guys all had a great season! I'm really excited to catch up on some glogs and do some posting again. I'm off work the next couple days and some binge-gloggin' is definitely on my to do list  :cool:

Man I don't even know where to start here... Pictures! That's a good starting point right? 

I'll try to post them in order from July-present day..

So basically.. Here's my last 4 months in a nutshell!

8GKmqsL.jpg

trHkiML.jpg

creyu1a.jpg

FpIqVau.jpg

hf7gDbf.jpg

YRTWWsa.jpg

2PDehNr.jpg

QYajzqV.jpg

00SaDbg.jpg

oZsiIwk.jpg

pzxohDi.jpg

FiT8p1M.jpg

7Rfkxu5.jpg

Sorry, ignore the dirty hands and calluses!

More to come... Testing out how many pictures I can post at a time.

Trinidad Scorpions
6z4iyyu.jpg

Brainstrain (off-pheno/hybrid)
2i21rkO.jpg

Primo Yellows
7uwu6Qq.jpg

First Cayenne Harvest 
6Z4HweK.jpg

TSM Yellow
sOc3R2i.jpg

First Harvest
nmIcnju.jpg

Hybrid
RXx5PKa.jpg

Hybrid 
0DbqygG.jpg

Hybrid 
Xnnia0J.jpg

Hybrid
ejMXTHU.jpg

Primo Yellow and some off-pheno/hybrid Brainstrains
Djk6O4n.jpg

Brainstrain Yellows
EZ50vgp.jpg

TSM Yellow, Plant 3, Off-Pheno
dx7eli5.jpg

TSM Yellows
Ofc1H00.jpg

Devil's Nagabrains Red
h83GYyY.jpg

Hybrid
IB8yQ5S.jpg

Peach Bhuts
k7sq8av.jpg

2nd Harvest I believe?
KM29Yh1.jpg

Hybrid
h4c7InB.jpg

Primo Yellow
Kcpwts1.jpg

My Fatalii turned into a weird mustard pod loaded plant. I stripped it and got rid of it pretty early on hence all the green pods.
Harvest 3
wJ9nhan.jpg

EcqDBF7.jpg

Peach Bhuts
0e0YZL8.jpg

A mix of 7Yellows, TSM Yellows and Yellow Brains
KGFYWxL.jpg

Hybrid
RcUrulF.jpg

TSM Yellow Off-Pheno
j4pblRo.jpg

Harvest 4
4bjLHcs.jpg

Bi9zF13.jpg

UsWuPia.jpg

Hybrid, only produced a few pods, too young to see the real potential, currently being over wintered!
vpHTrH7.jpg

Hybrid, love the mahogany color on this one. Being overwintered, F2 seeds already in the dirt!
uphnnsg.jpg

Hybrid. Biggest superhot of the year right here.
r2blkXT.jpg

pI3CeBp.jpg

Hybrids and a Bhutlah SM in the middle
UOMFZso.jpg

Back