• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Biggest habaneros I've ever seen.

I planted 5 orange habanero plants back in early May. And when I say "planted", I mean I dug a hole in the hard dirt, plopped the seedling in the hole. and covered it back up. For 2 and a half months they looked like they were going to die. Then.....all of a sudden....they began to grow.....and grow...AND GROW. Now, the plants are about 3 feet tall and three and a half feet wide.....and LOADED with pods. I've never seen anything like it. I bet there's 200 on each plant and they're still flowering.

I picked a few today that looked to be pretty ripe (to go along with the ones I picked last week.....already frozen) to show you just how damn big these things are:

100_1559.jpg

100_1562.jpg

100_1563.jpg

I know most of you have seen habs this big....but these grew in MY yard!! :rofl:

....and as a side-note.....my bonus cayennes are doing really well too!

Thanks y'all....I'm still amazed.

The best part is going to be figuring out what to DO whith them all!

:dance:

**Last year I made hot sauce....and probably will again this year. But, I'm thinking:

--poppers

--powder

--chili and 100 other spicy meals all winter long! :woohoo:

Hot damn! I seen Choc Habs that big but never Orange ones.

My best plant last season happened to be a volunteer that just popped up and I just let it do it's thing. Funnily enough, it too was growing in some pretty hard dirt. I think about all the effort I put into my other plants and still gotta laugh :lol:

Hot damn! I seen Choc Habs that big but never Orange ones.

My best plant last season happened to be a volunteer that I just let do it's thing and funnily enough, it too was growing in some pretty hard dirt.....

Hey! How's it goin', Gas!?

Man...I suck at gardening. The fact that they even survived is a testament to nature....not my skills! :lol:

I'm just a little north of you and I've been having great luck with the two Orange Habanero plants I bought at a local nursery. From your description, it sounds like your plants are substantially larger than mine. However, I've been blessed with a few MONSTER pods on my shrubby, stout, little mopho's.

0728101742.jpg

Is it just a coincidence that these extremely hot peppers look like little flames when your flip the pods upside down? They're even brightly colored like flames. Kind of like nature's warning!

:hot:

great looking huge orange habs Paul...hope I am as fortunate this season...

those would be great in a fresh salsa...try smoking some...

Paulky 2000 you could cut some onions and slice some habaneros then add some white vinegar with a little Oregano, add some kosher salt a little olive oil and some lemon , mixit all up and enjoy with some fish tacos or ceviche. Just awesome, thats the way I do it Here in Tijuana Mexico. Since the orange habanero is the more commercially sold, but have some red savinas and bhut jolokias coming to town, baby, threes a new sheriff , hahahhahah

Pauly, I see a movie in your future..."The Accidental Gardener of Doom".

It's always rewarding to have something actually GROW! What sort of sauce did you make before?

Back