Biggest WIN ever!!!! Chocolate Covered Hops!!!

Harvested today (pic of that probably on Monday) and braught some of the bags into work. Brian said he would eat a hop whole if given the chance and now was it. So he ate one and a lightbulb went off in his head....not only did it go off, but I think it blew a fuse. He ran out of the store only to return with....Dipping Chocolate!!!

We dipped some hops, cooled them off, and chowed down. OMG!!! BRILLIANT!!! They are amazing!!!

chocolatehops.jpg

Dyce51 said:
I didn't know Hops were edible!!!! Just thought BEER!!! LOL.....pretty cool!!!

They really aren't that edible, but they don't hurt you. I'm way mellowed out right now from chowing down on them a few hours ago. :lol:

imaguitargod said:
They really aren't that edible, but they don't hurt you. I'm way mellowed out right now from chowing down on them a few hours ago. :lol:

Mellowed out?? They have that effect when eaten? Learn something new everyday!!!!

Dyce51 said:
Mellowed out?? They have that effect when eaten? Learn something new everyday!!!!

Hops belong to a small family of plants which include nettles and.....cannabis! They have little psychotropic effect in brewing, but when eaten by beanbags like iggy they do wang you out a bit.

chillilover said:
Eating hops without it being brewed causes impotance.:shocked:
And he'll have breasts... hmmm.

chillilover said:
Eating hops without it being brewed causes impotance.:shocked:

Always wear an Armani suit and a Rolex watch when eating hops. If'n you're going to be impotent...might as well look impotent!

Salute', TB.

That works in this thread TB, cuz that's how IGGY really spells it :lol:

Okay, how and what do i have to do to get a couple or am i going to have to dip dry hops in some fudge? I munched on a centennial hop pellet the other day and it was quite a bitter endeavor that i enjoyed bigtime.

I'll go that one further...hops and Coke Slurpees...perfect together! I shit you not. IGG, please give this a go. Just chew on some hops like they were dip and drink a Coke Slurpee.

fineexampl said:
Okay, how and what do i have to do to get a couple or am i going to have to dip dry hops in some fudge? I munched on a centennial hop pellet the other day and it was quite a bitter endeavor that i enjoyed bigtime.
Yep, just going to have to make your own. I don't think it would ship very well :lol:

Here's a bit of info ya might like to read prior to sitting down to a bowl full of chocolate covered hops:

"Hops contain phytoestrogens that may possess estrogen receptor agonist or antagonist properties, with unclear effects on hormone-sensitive conditions, such as breast, uterine, cervical, or prostate cancer, or endometriosis."

"Side Effects and Warnings

Dry cough, difficulty breathing, chronic bronchitis and other occupational respiratory diseases have been associated with hops. Dust from hops can contain harmful bacteria. Long-term breathing problems have been reported in brewery workers exposed to hops dust."

There are all kinds of things, good and bad, associated with munching hops. I'm surprised too.

Best of luck with them.

Wow, Patrick. Way to be a downer. I'm so going to walk over and smack you. Wonder how long that'll take from NJ to Nebraska??

Back