• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Birthday Coming Up, How About This Dehydrator

Thanks SM...that's all I have heard about them too...good things..

POTAWIE said:
I've never heard a bad thing about the excalibur. I like my nesco for the price and the fact you can add trays but I'm seriously looking at one of these
http://tinyurl.com/6zvnjp

that is huge...and it may be my next one if I go into mass production of anything...like dried chiles....

I can't tell if they are any good, because we don't get those here, but I think it'd be a wise decision to get one, I'll do the same this month. May b'day is in May, so I'd better buy it myself! :)

I've got a magic bullet collecting dust, maybe I should dig it out and use it. In college we just used mason jars on our blender(they are often the same thread and size as the blender top)

POTAWIE said:
I've got a magic bullet collecting dust, maybe I should dig it out and use it. In college we just used mason jars on our blender(they are often the same thread and size as the blender top)

My Magic Bullet is the BEST for making pepper powder and I have found because of the rubber gasket, all of the dust stays contained. I've tried using a coffee grinder and ended up with a burning nose and sinuses. Therefore, I give the Magic Bullet 2 Thumbs Up along with the Excalibur Dehydrator. I guess that would be a total of 4 thumbs up...:lol:

we have a Kohls store about 5 miles from me...guess what I am going to ask the wife to get me...mom is going to get the dehydrator for me...

12 August - one week from today...will be 59...mentally 19, I just can never get over the age I was when I joined the Navy...

This is factory direct it's their ebay store and "All Factory belemished units come with a 10 year warranty."

Hmm in another sale it says 1 year warranty. Look into AJ.

I have the 9 tray Excaliber (with nine trays of jerky in it right now as a matter of fact). I bought it because my father has an Excaliber thats been in use for about 25 years.

Back