• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Black( berry) Death Sauce

Having seen some sauces using berries lately, I dug out some blackberries I picked last summer. And while having a break form DIY I thought I would have ago at a berrie sauce of my own!!
This is how it went

I threw in with the blackberries 10 Scotch bonnets and 2 Dorset Nagas.
Then about 2 tables spoons of light demerara sugar.
Left it to simmer for 30 mins.
Aril2011019.jpg

Then added the juice of a lime and 4 shots of Jagermeister.
Aril2011021.jpg

Let it simmer for 10 mins and blended to a smooth consistency.
Slowly heated again with white wine vinegar until it was a nice pourable sauce
Poured into a hot sterilised bottle
Aril2011026.jpg

Very sweet blackberry taste then the Yager and then the burn, in very quick succession.
Going to buy some Ice cream later

The texture and color look fantastic! I think that would go great on vanilla ice cream. Very creative with the Jäger. I can't stand to drink the stuff, but I bet it has an interesting flavor in the sauce.

I did try some with vanilla Ice cream and it was very nice. The sweet and fruity smell tricked me into putting too much on. A couple of minutes in and my mouth was on fire. Strange sensation with the ice cream ice cold then burn!!!
Yagermeister is an aquired taste, you love it or hate it. Having worked In Germany for a while I have got used to it.

lots of fun anyway
hell.gif

Man that sounds and looks great, i don't usually enjoy berry sauces but the inclusion of 56 herbs and alcohol has perked my interest.
Thanks for the idea you just kinda gave me :D

Back