• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blair's Jersey Death

Tina Brooks said:
I suggest that if Jersey Death is too punishing that you avoid Zero... If my 13 yr old's assessment is any example, Jersey Death is just a slap on the wrist.

T

a slap on the wrist with a lit stick of dynamite maybe :)

this zero sounds interesting...is the full name ground zero by da bomb?

Jeff Spicoli said:
a slap on the wrist with a lit stick of dynamite maybe :)

this zero sounds interesting...is the full name ground zero by da bomb?

Hi Jeff, I do believe the ZERO they speak of is our creation here at DEFCON HQ. It's a limited release we do twice a year. It takes about 10 pounds of orange habs to make about 1-2 ounces of this stuff. What sets it apart from most of the extracts out there is the fact there is NO aftertaste, like the usual metallic or bitter taste, and it basically has virtually NO flavor, it just a little bottle of primordial evil. If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail on our site, and I'll add you to the ZERO mailing list. There will be 50 of these little beauties available on or about Spet. 10-11, and the first 50 people who respond, will be allowed to purchase one. The last batch sold out in less than 2 days, these I expect will go quicker.

As for the hole in Tina's daughter's tongue from trying this stuff, it's ok, they talk funny anyway above the border, eh?

DEFCON Creator said:
Hi Jeff, I do believe the ZERO they speak of is our creation here at DEFCON HQ. It's a limited release we do twice a year. It takes about 10 pounds of orange habs to make about 1-2 ounces of this stuff. What sets it apart from most of the extracts out there is the fact there is NO aftertaste, like the usual metallic or bitter taste, and it basically has virtually NO flavor, it just a little bottle of primordial evil. If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail on our site, and I'll add you to the ZERO mailing list. There will be 50 of these little beauties available on or about Spet. 10-11, and the first 50 people who respond, will be allowed to purchase one. The last batch sold out in less than 2 days, these I expect will go quicker.

As for the hole in Tina's daughter's tongue from trying this stuff, it's ok, they talk funny anyway above the border, eh?

sounds fantastic! i've been reading about you at hot sauce blog. i'm starting to feel like i'm walking amoungst celebrity here.

thanks for the heads up but i've managed to resist the temptation of limited editions thus far! it's hard enough getting the larger runs down here.

i'll be watching tho :)

Mix 2 spoonfuls in a cereal bowl of salsa and melted cheese. Adds a little bit of kick. Most people are oohing and aaahing over the taste for a minute, before the heat kicks in. After they get their breath back, they come back for more. Works with Sudden, Mega, and Jersey Death.

I go through about a bottle a week of JD here...my mother says its gonna burn a hole in my stomach. I retorted that if my gullet can handle that much hot sauce, then that means i've got a titanium stomach.

Sickmont said:
I go through about a bottle a week of JD here...my mother says its gonna burn a hole in my stomach. I retorted that if my gullet can handle that much hot sauce, then that means i've got a titanium stomach.
A good retort would be "If my gullet can handle that much hot sauce then I sould be able to handle your cooking." ...zing! But then she sould get mad and never cook for you again... :P

SU of Defcon 0?

DEFCON Creator said:

I wonder what the rating is for this Defcon 0?

Cheers,

My Esophagus

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']:) :)[/QUOTE]

I had 5 medium drops on each slice of pizza. I had 5 slices like this.. I did spread the drops around and it formed a black oil film on top of the slices.

I was literally sweating and my esophagus did burn a little. It was a great thing to do on the friday before xmas break here at work that way all the faculty see how much of a nut I am.. lol

I do believe Blair's to be close to 2x as hot as Mega now. My friend in TN couldn't believe how hot it was!!

huvason said:
It has not been tested, but it is HOT. I had some Saturday :D

I spoke to someone at Blairs about this a while back and they said that it is twice as hot as MegaDeath which I believe was tested at around 550,000 shu. That would put Jersey Death at 1.1million. Whatever it is for sure it is HOT :mouthonfire:

imaguitargod said:
I imeditly opened it and noticed the warning on the "Suggested Uses" saying "Use sparingly. Jersey Death should not be consumed without dilution."

So I decided to just ignore that and sprayed some directly on my tounge...WOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! This stuff is hot!!!!!

haha i do that same thing and my roommates just shake their heads. ;) i didn't put it directly on my tongue though...just get a healthy drop on my finger and apply that to my tongue.

this stuff is pretty hot! tried a little a couple times just on its own, then added it to a marinade to add a bit of kick. i'm thinking about trying it on some tacos too...has been a while since i've had any tacos.

This sauce is really good. It is the hottest non-extract that I have had. The burn does go away quickly though which I like. The bottle is awesome and the look of the sauce is like mottled clotted blood. Use it straight and it is a barn burner. I just put a few shakes into a medium rated salsa and it kicked it up just right for me.

elousv said:
This sauce is really good. It is the hottest non-extract that I have had. The burn does go away quickly though which I like. The bottle is awesome and the look of the sauce is like mottled clotted blood. Use it straight and it is a barn burner. I just put a few shakes into a medium rated salsa and it kicked it up just right for me.

Wait a minute...Jersey Death is an extract sauce.

Sickmont said:
Wait a minute...Jersey Death is an extract sauce.

I finally decided to try this sauce. I bought a bottle at the Pepper Palace (Gatlinburg, TN). Anyway, I was nuking some chunky soup of some sort (alas...that is what I am reduced to during the week...med school doesn't leave time for cooking) Anyway, Several shakes of this sauce went into my soup.
First overwhelming flavor was the burnt flavor of capsaicin extract. Then the heat hit me. Didn't burn my mouth, but I sure did break a sweat. I guess the nerves in my mouth are already fried.
Anyway, this is one typical nasty-tasting extract sauce. If you use it to add heat to salsa, it might work....but in a can of soup, it overwhelms the flavor of anything else...and, as I said, I definitely broke a sweat.
One hot extract sauce.:hell::onfire::onfire::party:

Back