• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

I think it is time that this thread make a return. It was time for another soiree yesterday. Here's some of the action...

100_9445.jpg

100_9446.jpg

100_9447.jpg

100_9448.jpg

100_9449.jpg

100_9451.jpg

100_9452.jpg

100_9453.jpg

Yes that last one is a giant hamburger.

Carry on.

Its that time again. I was gonna' break out he smoker yesterday but alas, it rained hard all day. S'kay as we needed the h2o in a big way. Next week I'm droppin' the hammer rain or shine. I'll leave it teh y'all to choose what I do for the smoke...

Options are:

1. Brisket

2. Pork Shoulder

3. Beef ribs

4. Babybacks

5. Smoked PuPu's...poppers, moinks & bloomin' onion

What's it gonna be y'all?

Brisket. PLEEEZE.

Hammer down on that hunk-o-meat, and I'll follow you thru the gates of... well..... You know....

Edit, that was the BBQ part, play some J. L. Hooker on Vynil, whilst sippin some brown go juice on the rocks, and you will have the meaning of life right there on your patio.

SD, I'm get down brown with you on the 'ahow how how...too bad the ex stole all my vinyl years ago. Plenty of John Lee on my nano though.

That's one for brisky!

Where's the piccys? I am droolin' over here in anticipation!

You sorry drunken sot! Go back and read the last few posts. You're s'posed to recommend what I 'que for next week. I'd post pics of it right now but unfortunately I don't have a FRICKIN' TIME MACHINE!!!!!

Jay I semi-officially give you a free pass exemption on the catfish. It's fried, not grilled, but it looks so so so awesome I don't care. I want it in my mouth - all of it. All at once. Nom nom nom!
:woohoo:

As a life-long blues enthusiast I love everything about this topic (including that there's actually a festival by this very name that I've attended several times - twice featuring the beloved B.B. King before his game started slipping (poor guy got dem 'beaties).

I'll contribute something in the very near future - have more than a few things in mind for the blues aspect. :cheers:

ETA Jay: I recommend some variation of the moink ball, slow smoked, along with a bacon-weave wrapped pork shoulder smoked as well. And of course you need a brisket in there, dry rubbed with a cherry-cayenne rub. Mmmmm

Jay I semi-officially give you a free pass exemption on the catfish. It's fried, not grilled, but it looks so so so awesome I don't care. I want it in my mouth - all of it. All at once. Nom nom nom!
:woohoo:

As a life-long blues enthusiast I love everything about this topic (including that there's actually a festival by this very name that I've attended several times - twice featuring the beloved B.B. King before his game started slipping (poor guy got dem 'beaties).

I'll contribute something in the very near future - have more than a few things in mind for the blues aspect. :cheers:

ETA Jay: I recommend some variation of the moink ball, slow smoked, along with a bacon-weave wrapped pork shoulder smoked as well. And of course you need a brisket in there, dry rubbed with a cherry-cayenne rub. Mmmmm

K. Another vote for brisky. One for pupu's and one for pork shoulder.

ah crap. mrs. blues might be heading outta' town on 'bidness. I can't eat up a whole flat. Angel on my shoulder is whispering "moinks". Devil on my other shoulder is whispering "rib tips". I kinda' feel like sinnin'.

3. Beef ribs

I aint never done 'em to where I could say I likes 'em just a wee bit to greezy I dunno :crazy: I'd like to see how other folk do'em

I don't know what TB said. His drawl is so heavy since moving back to TX. :lol:

Back