• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

I feel like this entry is being made just for me. Shiner, tequila, Blues, and Brisket. My four favorite food groups.

Mine too! Fixin' to foil the brisky up. Added some tom sauce to the ranch beans. Tasty tasty compadre.

On another note, I gotz to ride the bike for 1/2 hour somewhere in here to lose the 47 pounds I put on with the chorizo burger. Good times.

The lipitor would only get lodged in my left ventricle...right next to an 8 inch hungarian kielbasa that's been in there for the last 3 months.

Boooooo to myself! My new digital thermo is JUNK! Checked the brisky with my baking thermo.....pegged at 220! WTF!

Maybe I can salvage some love...

Stay away from crap digi thermos!!

Can this brisky be rescued?

IMG_2692.jpg

Maybe...slightly dry...

IMG_2695.jpg

Ranch style beans, coleslaw, and a touch of sauce on the brisky.....not bad..

IMG_2698.jpg

Dodged teh bullet on this one...it was still hot blue and righteous!!

Come on now ya'll...bring your blues, booze, and bbq!!

Booo that jus ain't gonna save it just cuz it makes it glossy :lol:

If you have any left, slice or dice as thin as you can. Add lots of your favorite fresh chiles and cheese. If you think it is still too dry, add a little BBQ sauce (Rudy's) and make a monster burrito out of it. I do this all the time with leftover steak or other meat source.

Ok I will play. Here is one of my favorite Blues tunes of all time along with one of my favorite Southern delicacies, and two of my favorite brews.

I give you: Stevie Ray, Blackened Catfish, and Victory Brewing Co.'s Hop Devil and Golden Monkey

100_7385.jpg

Put a generous amount of the blackening spice on and let it sit in the fridge overnight

100_7386.jpg

Rockin the cast iron on the grill. See the smoke coming off that thing?

I love your cooking style and I love Stevie Ray :)

100_7387.jpg

Here goes the aftershocks:

Had some chibatta left...plus some BBQ, coleslaw, and some vidalia...decided to make some walkerswood sauce to add the the sammich. (please disregard the BBQ sauce ;) )

100_1767.jpg

Walkerswood sauce:

A bit of heavy cream....added some of PF's 7 pod powder.

100_1769.jpg

The Jerk seasoning is the key to this sauce......and it's great on damn near everything. (especially seafood!)

100_1770.jpg

Cook it down till it looks like this:

100_1774.jpg

Build-A-Sammich.....I think that'd make a great shopping mall store!!

100_1776.jpg

100_1777.jpg

100_1779.jpg

100_1780.jpg

This ROCKED!!!!!!!

I was all excited about your burger but.............................light beer :eek:

April, I love the looks of that sammy, but there was no Blues in there. Need the music! And Paulie is definitely watching his girlish figure, haven't you ever seen him in his bikini apron?

Back