• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

IMG_3635.jpg

Now I have to work on my Gringo Kimchee slaw.

Shredded red and green cabbage, carrot, mayo, and Mae Ploy Sweet Thai Chile Sauce.

Y'all know where this is going.

Tex-Asian tacos.

Oh Yea, baby! Sweet Ribs!

As promised, Columbia River Fat Fish!
2ad34295.jpg

6d53389e.jpg

290553ad.jpg

111ecdd1.jpg

That was last night. One brine with Bragg's (didn't have any soy sauce) and Ponzu, salt, sugar, black pepper (sorry, geeme), and the other with just salt, sugar, bp.

Rinsed and let them air dry until tacky, about 2 hours. Rubbed 3 drops Pure Evil on one of the plain brined pieces (hope I remember which one it was..:eek: )
d697af90.jpg

cb0baa77.jpg

And now they are in the smoker ~ Having trouble keeping the temp down, I wanted to keep it about 150F but that's not getting much smoke. It's a learning curve, we'll see how it turns out.

In the mean time, I talked with our local grocery store owner this morning and he said they'll have booze for sale on FRIDAY! WOOOT! Previously, Washington State controlled hard liquor sales and they had the monopoly on the market. WA residents voted to allow regular stores to be able to well booze and the state to quit selling booze. The state is so pissed cuz it's a huge loss of revenue. All state liquor stores in our area were closed yesterday. But the stores can't sell until Friday. So in the mean time, the state is blanketing with liquor agents trying to bust stores for selling to minors. If they bust a store between now and Friday, they can pull that stores booze license. A local motel call our store to let them know 12 agents had just checked in. So the store owner himself will be working today and every day just waiting for an underage agent to try and buy beer/wine. The state is really being jerks about this and harassing store owners.

Oh, And Scovie, there's no more of the $15.99 CabSav.

Awesome "fat" fish Ann. By the fat content and spots on the skin it looks to be chinook/king which is indeed a very fat fish. Great on the grill or the smoker. Looking forward to the results.

If it turns out as great as it looks and you have leftover's (doubtful that you will) it goes great in fett alfredo.

Texas used to have state run liquor stores as well. Don't know when they went private but its all good. Having lived in WA before and having to deal with WA state liquor board (I sold Italian wine for an importer) it'll be a good thing for folks in the state and should open up heaps more opportunities for people to get their booze on. I mean hell, since when does gubment do anything better than the private sector? Never heard of it.

Yeah Ann, like THP said.

Be a shame if you had to fetch your won CORRECTOR for use on yerself.

This just in, smoker's chugging right along at almost 260f.

Might let it go another 20-30 minutes and then foil.

Already got some nice pull back...

IMG_3636.jpg

We were spinnin' the vinyl last night while the filets were brining. Sorry, didn't post that. ;)

OK, rockin the John Mayall on Pandora, lookin for the smoke..... :mope:....

and no booze available for a week....isn't that enough of blues? :lol:

Here's mrs. blues short ribs seasoned only with Lawry's, UDS method for about 3 hours over charcoal, no wood chips.

She didn't like it. :mope:

IMG_3639.jpg

Here's my Korean style done same same.

IMG_3638.jpg

I don't care what mrs. blues says.

This stuff is pure money!

Too early to eat now.

I'll post Korean short rib taco pics later.

• manana? it's how TB rolls~~~

double breastesez.....

OK! FATTIES!!!!
fe703fd3.jpg

38f27341.jpg

6c65b8de.jpg

d376fb30.jpg

Daaaaeeeeeemmmmmmm SL, triploid at 150°!!!!!!

How awesome is it? Alfredo worthy? Tomato/ cream/ wine sauce? Mmmmmmmmmmmm

My breastseses bring all the girls to the yard.
The left one is a dry rub, with JayT's steak rub.... Oops!
The right one is my Chipotle/ 7 pot/ garlic purée.... Boom!
Grill maybe, eat later, of course!

Drunkft...

I had trouble getting the smoke on, but the texture is right there. Hubby says one is too salty, but kid says they taste good.

sheesh, can't please everyone~~~ :lol:

just went back and taste them. They're good, not great, but good. And I'm sending the PureEvil slabs to work with 'Dude. The boys haven't even tasted the PE's. [sub](woosies)[/sub]

:evil:

OH!!! sorry..... my bad.....

Uhm, welllll, at first view, the breastesess look fairly well matched, but it's quickly evident they are not equal in size. And the diffrent marinades render them totally unequal.

;) it's all good~~~ :)

Very nice Ann.

Magic 8 Ball informs me the fat feesh is triploid trout.

Government experiment which gives the fish a 3rd testicle.

For your viewing pleasure.

I was pretty hashed here but managed a pic of the Korean style tacos.

IMG_3640.jpg

Holy Crap. I lost track of time for a bit.
How long was I staring at that picture?
Um, ... Dammit TB, that is ridiculously crazy awesome good looking.
I'm glad MiPad is wipe-able..... Drool. :drool:

Back