• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bob's DeSoto Parish Grow 2014

I gave my co-worker Bob some chile plants again this year. He's got some of them  in containers at his hunting camp, but the bulk of them are in the ground back in a clearing behind the camp…He snapped these pix of his container plants today:

F3 Red NagaBrain. The leaf detritus in the dirt is the results of his pinching blossoms, as per Søren's advice:

bobnagabrain1.jpg

Madame Jeanette (meatfreak):

bobjeanette.jpg

Chilhuacle Rojo:

bobschilhuacle1.jpg

Lumbre (the extra-hot New Mexico Chile from Faron Lytle):

bobslumbre1.jpg

Chile de Arbol (CarlosO):

bobdearbol1.jpg

Bob's Jeanettes are massive, Stefan…He showed me a photo on his phone, but I forget to get it from him today...

Bob brought in these pods from his NagaBrain plants today:

bobnagabrain4.jpg

bobnagabrain5.jpg

I can't wait to taste Bob's NagaBrain Yellow. We are testing it tomorrow—I'll report back here:

nagabrain_yellow8.jpg

Beautiful pods Gary and Bob!   When did the Yellow NagaBrain arrive?  I'm still in Red and Chocolate mode.

My first good looking pod is ripening just now.  Slightly smaller than the first pic of post #21 but same form I think.  I'll post a pic when it's done.

I found some Siam Queen Thai basil at a nursery so I added it to the grow.

Have a good one Gary!

meatfreak said:
Stunning pods, Gary. Looking forward to the MJ pod pics :)

Thanks so much, Stefan! I just need to go out to Bob's camp myself and get some good photos...

millworkman said:
Those pods look amazing!  

Thanks Noah!

capsidadburn said:
Beautiful pods Gary and Bob!   When did the Yellow NagaBrain arrive?  I'm still in Red and Chocolate mode.

My first good looking pod is ripening just now.  Slightly smaller than the first pic of post #21 but same form I think.  I'll post a pic when it's done.

I found some Siam Queen Thai basil at a nursery so I added it to the grow.

Have a good one Gary!

Lol, thanks Mike! The yellow NagaBrain showed up last weekend, so it's real new.  :P Sounds like your NagaBrains are putting out some nice pods—I'm heading over to your glog right after this….That's so cool that you're growing Thai basil!!! I think you're going to enjoy it…You have a good one, too, Mike!

Yesterday we did a lunchtime tasting of Bob's first NagaBrain Yellow pod. If you read my Facebook comments a couple days ago describing the big yellow pod that my NagaBrain plant #3 produced, they are the same: a sweet, strong, apricot-y aroma and flavor, and a strong, pervasive throat and stomach burn. The flavor and aroma, to my senses, is almost identical to the CARDI Yellow Scorpion, and the burn is quite potent. Bob and I are real happy with this pepper, and are anxious to share seeds with the chilehead community. These pix are from yesterday at lunchtime:

nagabrain_yellow11.jpg

nagabrain_yellow12.jpg

nagabrain_yellow13.jpg

We are testing one of the red pods today at lunch…stay tuned….

Back