• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

Into vintage Webers? Cool man!!

I just love cooking on them, so versatile, my 05 model is pretty banged up and the basic model, this thing is immaculate and live the table.

May start a collection haha, the older ones and rare colors are very hard to find in Australia

Looks nice! And new. Like they used it once and said screw this lol.

You never told me that I transformed your experience of Weber grilling ... LOL.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423188054.171599.jpg

(noticed the pics on the main aggregated timeline of Tapatalk)

Haha yeah surprised I didn't click on to the whole vortex earlier, had read the term for ages, but never realised what the hell they were till you mentioned it

No brine, just got a heap of the rubs, I ordered the vortex, postage was killer, but they could do the same rate for 5kgs of rub also, so the rms loaded up the cart for a Xmas present.

But back to the wings, Unreal that way, the hot ass whang is awesome, spritz each half hour with water and vinegar and using the vortex, the skin on the wings is like it has been deep fried, super crisp

Back