• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Boomas BBQ

Have mercy n' sheeit!!!

That brisky looks super wombat guud!

Almost all the good Texas bbq joints do it up just like that.

Salt & pepper only. 

7881BB00-B46A-4298-907F-B24319E67882_zpszipn2vjt.jpg

I want to bend that on more than my finger.

Boom you are straight killing this bbq thang.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Bahaha, nm I see he corrected you :)
Corrected nothing that shape is odd! Does not look like a US packer.

Look up "brisket packer."

That's a down under cow!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Corrected nothing that shape is odd! Does not look like a US packer.

Look up "brisket packer."

That's a down under cow!!!!
Yeah our brisket do all tend to be a lot smaller than the U.S. ones and also not as well marbles unless you get a wagyu one.

Generally the brand that I use weigh in at 6-8 kilos, point and flat.
As mentioned this one was from a lot smaller breed of cow, and also cut of a little short.

When I get one from the other supplier I'll put some pics up see what you think

The guy at the smokenator forum swears on pulling them at 180F and sticking them in a cooler for a couple of hours ...

I've decided if I run of fuel anytime past 180F, I'll try it ... but I'm planning to pull around 195F if possible ...

Booma said:
Stalled at 173f, wrapped then
Nice, guess you are in the soft bark school and honestly it makes the most sense unless you eat it all right away well except for burnt ends. :) It is hard for me to do burnt ends...I overeat every single time! 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Nice, guess you are in the soft bark school and honestly it makes the most sense unless you eat it all right away well except for burnt ends. :) It is hard for me to do burnt ends...I overeat every single time! 
I've done a few with no wrap at all, bark has been great, but as you say, doesn't seem to be as good if not eaten then and there

Back