food Boomas BBQ

Cheers TB, working a bit on the brisket lately.

Happy with the flavours and technique, think the main issue has been finding decent beef.

Very happy with the latest brand, see how the next one turns out in a week or 2

Booma, what temp did you smoke that brisket at?  Is it harder to regulate with all wood?  Looks awesome.  
HigherThisHeat said:
Lolol Ok, I may be late to the show here, but has no one made this their sig yet??

Fiddy snagged that one.

I don't know about smoked pineapple (5 hours) pretty sure it's dry and the pork looks dry too.

Fail.

Stay off FB we do better here!

Maybe….but when I said try it…I meant taste it.   Think we need someone with more culinary talent than me to give it a go.  

It's a shock recipe like turducken. Often the pics look good but the recipes are full of missteps. For the Internet though it gets tons of shares.

Pineapple on the smoker at 240 for 5 hours, not for me. I like it grilled with caramelization and to retain full juiciness. And they just stuffed country style ribs inside. I don't get the hoopla. 

Ill giver a try but will use pork loin to lessen cooking time!!! Looks very interesting
images-23.jpeg

I'm positive that I can pull that cook off. It's a straightforward matter of how small you section the pork. The smaller you cut it, the faster it cooks - like a fractal.

Here's how I would do it:

1) rub pork , including goya sazon for color ...
2) smoke it, indirect, with 100% pure apple - -intentionally drying to over-bark if you will ...
3) section it and stuff a pineapple - i might like to put some stuffing in there, too - and add some lump to the vortex ...
4) open the vents to chicken wing's gapping, 500-700F I'd guess, and keep it indirect ... rotating it a few times ...
5) Searzall the pineapple until it's presentation-perfect ...

Plated.

Back