• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Lollipop drumettes or legs are hip!
Hahaha! Punny!

Booma, damn dude, open the restaurant already! Looks like an ad.

How do you feel about that Tatonka Dust? ... I bought a three pack of shaker's ... I used it once, was ambivalent, and then gave two shaker's away and kept my open one for further exploration ...

Ambivalent, using big words I don't know hahaha

I really liked it, only problem was one of the shakers had somehow got a little moisture and turned to glue, in the bin, had to open the other

I almost used mine, one given to me by Grant on my last ribs but went mustard and my own rub instead. I did taste it and was not sure how it would go over but will try it soon. 

Booma said:
Ambivalent, using big words I don't know hahaha

I really liked it, only problem was one of the shakers had somehow got a little moisture and turned to glue, in the bin, had to open the other

ambivalent - wasn't moved positively or negatively by it ...

I need to figure out how to wield it, I think ...

Like Black Lava salt ... makes a black mess ...

Will try again ...

Charcoal to rub = liquid smoke to sauce (the idea anyway). However, never tried it. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Charcoal to rub = liquid smoke to sauce (the idea anyway). However, never tried it. 

I just use bacon fat and steal it's smoke character, personally ... but it pretty much requires Benton's ...

Or use the smoker lol. These cheats are for grillers and indoor cooks. Liquid smoke is the biggest offender because it's hard to find a sauce w/o it. 

Yeah I know what you saying. I did expect to be a lot different than it was. Tasted a whole lot better than I thought it would, and in saying that, I've had it for a year or so and never tried it until now

Do see a hell of a lot of yoder users applying it

I am certainly an indoor cook, at times.

In particular, I will not endure pestilence (mosquitos) to have something grilled versus what I can do inside using as many tricks as I can muster ...

The bites annoy the shit out of me the rest of the night, and I can't often rationalize having that experience versus not having it over the taste of bbq ...

It doesn't seem to like a winning solution to apply copious amounts of poison to my body, either, so ...

So, yeah, I BBQ mostly between September and May ... and really enjoy doing so from November through April ...

Back