• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

Damn Booma that is just plain awesome. .   Now I am gonna feel like a piker in next weekends  throwdown,  because my wife is bugging me for Beef ribs and  I gotta stack up next to that .   :doh:     BTW was it cherry smoke on that again?? 
Booma said:
2 racks of beef ribs in the weber yesterday. Meat church holy cow on one, Tatonka dust the other

Tatonka dust

Meat church one, took a little longer

Deathtosnails said:
Hey Booma, wanna start a food truck or BBQ joint?  Between us I reckon we could pump out some awesome food :D
I reckon, one day maybe
Ashen said:
Damn Booma that is just plain awesome. .   Now I am gonna feel like a piker in next weekends  throwdown,  because my wife is bugging me for Beef ribs and  I gotta stack up next to that .   :doh:     BTW was it cherry smoke on that again?? 
Hahaha you'll do fine

Cherry and black wattle

Not interested unless it's the BGE pippy.

udsprogress.gif

$1200... I want to so bad, but I have to be smart about it. I am hoping for a sale at end of season. That is a lot of money to spend on a cooker. There are also a lot of accessories that I will have to buy that are not included. It will happen, maybe soon, maybe later, but it WILL happen. I made up my mind tonight. I am not settling for the Kamodo Joe. Some people swear by it, but reading the reviews they keep saying how it measures up to the BGE, but all of them are just using price as the benefit, nothing saying it is better. I am buying the one I want and I am buying the best, whenever that happens it will happen. On a side note a checked out a $1500 Webber tonight that was simply awesome. I didn't know they made such a thing.

JayT said:
$1200... I want to so bad, but I have to be smart about it. I am hoping for a sale at end of season. That is a lot of money to spend on a cooker. There are also a lot of accessories that I will have to buy that are not included. It will happen, maybe soon, maybe later, but it WILL happen. I made up my mind tonight. I am not settling for the Kamodo Joe. Some people swear by it, but reading the reviews they keep saying how it measures up to the BGE, but all of them are just using price as the benefit, nothing saying it is better. I am buying the one I want and I am buying the best, whenever that happens it will happen. On a side note a checked out a $1500 Webber tonight that was simply awesome. I didn't know they made such a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, and not to dissuade you from the BGE whatsoever as they are bad ass, it's the Primo's that are considered up there w/ the BGE's ...

JayT said:
No no no. I made steaks and chicken, not hot dogs and ribs!

So you made microwave steak and boiled chicken in hot dog water?

Since you failed to post pic's, I can only rectumfy that you did as mentioned.

And where the hell is this new 600 hunert' dollah' for 200 hunert' dollah' Weber grill you been talkin' 'bout?

I'm reckoning its probably more like a Weber Water Boiler/Crockpot Rib/Microwave chingaderra 'specially made for those northern east coast yankees.

Oh shit!

I just had an epiphany.

Jay's next big 'thang.

MICROWAVE RIBS!!!

Just send me up on the next Soyuz space shot.

I need to get off this planet pronto!

I have to say, and I feel this way about bierz' stuff too, often - or at least, when it's steak - that I don't think I prefer the cool white balance for BBQ'd beef.

I think it works for pork and fish and poultry, but I'm pretty sure that I most-appreciate warmth in photographed beef ...

Back