• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Boomerangs!!!!!

I've begun this year... Now it's quite a trouble to find a suitable place to throw.
I've not done many shots but it's really a fun sport! A full returning throw will make you happy!
Here's my current collection:

i4lfZnplEQ8f8.jpg

First from left is by far my favorite, it's really great, you need a very big place to throw, because it's declared for 70m and needs hard throws... I don't know if i reached 70m, but it really goes far away and do return! I've been able even to catch it sometimes!

I had also an MTA ad i broke i. MTA was hard to throw but satisfying (MTA is a speciffycal boomerang that must stay as long as possible in air).

I had also 2 long distance: Lorenz and Voyager from BVDrangs. One day i lost Lorenz. Then i used Voyager for first time and i lost it too, damn wind! :tear:

Lorenz  
ibkGLS6ahDDJHu.jpg
 Voyager 
Voyager690as.jpg
particular form...

I think i surpassed 100m with Lorenz without returning... Only once i've been able to do a full return (maybe it wasn't a 100m throw) and it was against the wind.
Long distances are truly spectacular, not easy to throw, it's amazing how they fly away. You need an huge area to throw (i went to a 250*130 m not cultivated field and i still managed to lose it) and if possible someone to help because you can lose the sight...

I've still to learn how to tune those who remains...
My next plan was to craft one, but now i've suspended this, too many things to do...

Any throwers out there?

i think the Aussies on here will be interested in this
they are cool looking
thanks your friend Joe

I once bet a guy a million dollars I could juggle horizontally. Lets just say I'm not any richer. Cause he didnt have the money. The boomerangs worked perfectly.

Well the joke doesnt really work if you know its about boomerangs upfront...

Years ago I chucked some boomerangs around, just cheap ones though.  Never really got overly interested in it as I live in a city and there's not much space to just throw things around like that.  My boomerang was plastic and neon green... that's all I can remember about it. 

Essegi said:
I've begun this year... Now it's quite a trouble to find a suitable place to throw.
I've not done many shots but it's really a fun sport! A full returning throw will make you happy!
Here's my current collection:

i4lfZnplEQ8f8.jpg

First from left is by far my favorite, it's really great, you need a very big place to throw, because it's declared for 70m and needs hard throws... I don't know if i reached 70m, but it really goes far away and do return! I've been able even to catch it sometimes!

I had also an MTA ad i broke i. MTA was hard to throw but satisfying (MTA is a speciffycal boomerang that must stay as long as possible in air).

I had also 2 long distance: Lorenz and Voyager from BVDrangs. One day i lost Lorenz. Then i used Voyager for first time and i lost it too, damn wind! :tear:

Lorenz 
Voyager90as.jpg
 Voyager 
Voyager690as.jpg
particular form...

I think i surpassed 100m with Lorenz without returning... Only once i've been able to do a full return (maybe it wasn't a 100m throw) and it was against the wind.
Long distances are truly spectacular, not easy to throw, it's amazing how they fly away. You need an huge area to throw (i went to a 250*130 m not cultivated field and i still managed to lose it) and if possible someone to help because you can lose the sight...

I've still to learn how to tune those who remains...
My next plan was to craft one, but now i've suspended this, too many things to do...

Any throwers out there?
Nice collection of boomerangs! Being an Aussie I've had the chance to throw them a few times when I was younger. Definitely agree that a full return throw is awesome. I bought one for my wife earlier this year off Amazon. We've only been to throw it once (we got lazy and it got too hot lol), but now that it's cooled down a bit will probably start going to the park more to throw. Got a few nearly full return throws, and a LOT of wayward throws. Haven't tried the long distance one's yet though. Or a hunting boomerang (those don't come back). 

Used to throw "boomerangs" made by NERF in the late 80's... does that count?

Cool thread. I want to see some action shots!

There is an old one sitting in the garage over at my grandma's house. I can throw that thing alright, almost took my head off a few times. They are fun as hell to throw tho!

MeatHead1313 said:
Nice collection of boomerangs! Being an Aussie I've had the chance to throw them a few times when I was younger. Definitely agree that a full return throw is awesome. I bought one for my wife earlier this year off Amazon. We've only been to throw it once (we got lazy and it got too hot lol), but now that it's cooled down a bit will probably start going to the park more to throw. Got a few nearly full return throws, and a LOT of wayward throws. Haven't tried the long distance one's yet though. Or a hunting boomerang (those don't come back). 

Nice! Hunting is called hunting stick (or Kylie). LD are lots of fun but extremely space demanding... Where i live is too difficult (sometimes after a farm harvest there are some fileds, but not for a long time). Even to find a good place for a regular one can be difficult...

LizzieCane said:
Used to throw "boomerangs" made by NERF in the late 80's... does that count?

Cool thread. I want to see some action shots!

I'd say NERF counts (don't know them, just googled)! :D
For videos check these, good quality and amazing flight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToFFiytEAtM

Love this kind of flight!

spysee said:
I once bet a guy a million dollars I could juggle horizontally. Lets just say I'm not any richer. Cause he didnt have the money. The boomerangs worked perfectly.

Well the joke doesnt really work if you know its about boomerangs upfront...
Lol, that's an interesting use! :D

Rawkstah said:
Years ago I chucked some boomerangs around, just cheap ones though.  Never really got overly interested in it as I live in a city and there's not much space to just throw things around like that.  My boomerang was plastic and neon green... that's all I can remember about it. 

Yeah, space is a big issue. They hang on trees very easily. They are very hard to find in high grass. Once i spent 45 minutes to find one in that condition and the field wasn't so big. I learnt a thing that day.

That's crazy. These guys are good. I broke several as a kid by releasing them straight down, because the directions they came with looked like a straight forward throw. Got a couple of flights but never to come spot on back to me, usually way over my head or behind me.  But we didn't have u-tube teach us how to throw either. 

Yeah, it's difficult... Must have correct throw (lots of factors) and right tune...
Anyway they are crafters and know their stuff. ;)

I've found plastic to be a lot more resistent than wood.
If you use something like the first 2 from right in my picture you can get returns in hand quite easily... 20 m flight... Nice returns and little need of space (but longer distance is cooler). But the discipline is to have 5 returning shots in least time... World record is below 15 seconds for 5 throws, It's crazy... Or long distance record... 238m returning...
Wikipedia page has the records...

Reactions: SL3
Back