• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

'bout to blend up some 5 year aged goodness!

Pepper-Guru

Extreme Member
Well, I think its been long enough. These have been aging for half a decade now so they should be just about right to make some fine sauces out of :) Fatalli, Congo Chocolate, Red Fatalli, 7-Pod, Trinidad Scorpion, Red Savina, Red Carribean...

5734872696_b45a49e6b2.jpg

5734323371_8f14c486ee.jpg

5734323135_30fd707bc6.jpg

Fatalli

5734323289_0dce9fac8a.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion

5734323171_d798ac9516.jpg

7-Pod

5734323201_9c2f1f59ed.jpg

Good Year! lol

5734323243_0fcfa855f0.jpg

Can't wait to get the blender warmed up :onfire:

Just salt, vinegar, and peppers (the base for all sauce). I have a special ratio of salt to vinegar that leaves the playing field open for adding different things in the end (if so desired). I think I will make a little motion picture of these getting blended up. Good idea! :)

Whoa that's a lot of vinegar for pickling! Usually water is first, and less or no vinegar.

The water to acid ratio varies, most of mine are nearly have half vinegar in the brine. You may not always need "vinegar" but you do ALWAYS need an agent to adjust the ph(Some pickles are actually base) if it's just water an seasons it's not a pickle, and it won't chemically preserve the food.

Well yes you can, and some of the best pickles I've had have no vinegar. Salt, yes. Look up brine pickles. http://www.perfectpickler.com/pages/About-Brine-Pickles.html

With classic pickles (dill pickles, etc.), vinegar is usually added for flavor, not preservation. A real pickle is a brine pickle. Not talking about mass-produced crap pickles. Next time you're in the supermarket check out Ba Tampte pickles in the refrigerated section near meats. A brine pickle, most do not have vinegar, some do, for flavor.

That being said... using all vinegar seems extreme! I can't imagine that. It would ruin the pepper/vegetable.

Well maybe he'll taste them and want to start over... :P 5 more years.

Well yes you can, and some of the best pickles I've had have no vinegar. Salt, yes. Look up brine pickles. http://www.perfectpickler.com/pages/About-Brine-Pickles.html

With classic pickles (dill pickles, etc.), vinegar is usually added for flavor, not preservation. A real pickle is a brine pickle. Not talking about mass-produced crap pickles.

I have to agree. Brined pickles have a fresher taste and a good snap. I love'em!

Whoa that's a lot of vinegar for pickling! Usually water is first, and less or no vinegar.
This will be sauce.

The water to acid ratio varies, most of mine are nearly have half vinegar in the brine. You may not always need "vinegar" but you do ALWAYS need an agent to adjust the ph(Some pickles are actually base) if it's just water an seasons it's not a pickle, and it won't chemically preserve the food.

Well maybe he'll taste them and want to start over... :P 5 more years.
Been doing this for quite a while, and I'd have to say I'd put my "Sauce" up against yours any day :)

Back