event Bowers 2013

Ok, it's right around the corner. Who's going? 1 day, two days, campout? What's everyone's gameplan, and when the heck can I meet everyone?!?

I am going.  Planning on both days.  Picking and saying hi to everyone day one, hot stuff events day two, eating lots both days, and drinking Friday night.  Oh I forgot chauffeuring RedTailForester around too.

JayT said:
Oh I forgot chauffeuring RedTailForester around too.

01.jpg

I can't make it this year... driving the girlfriend to school that week and will be out of town :(
I'm sure it'll be a good time though.

Hey guys... it was great meeting some of you last year. I'll be there again bright and early Friday morning... pickin' away. I might try to stay Saturday as well. So, Jay... where does the consumption of beverages occur? Local pub? Gimme the heads up if you guys meet somewhere.

thescovillekid said:
Hey guys... it was great meeting some of you last year. I'll be there again bright and early Friday morning... pickin' away. I might try to stay Saturday as well. So, Jay... where does the consumption of beverages occur? Local pub? Gimme the heads up if you guys meet somewhere.

There are bars and a brewpub in Kutztown, about four miles away.  No plans yet.

yes the Kutztown Tavern is right on Main st they brew there own beer, never had it yet but the food is wonderful :dance:

there hot sauces are great too they have a Ghost chile one that's good, but there smoky hab sauce is incredible!!

thanks your friend Joe

I will be there as well on Friday.  What's the field excursion like?  I understand you can pick your own peppers.  Do you just pay by the pound?  Anyone know the rate?

Really excited to check out this event!

j

jblo said:
I will be there as well on Friday.  What's the field excursion like?  I understand you can pick your own peppers.  Do you just pay by the pound?  Anyone know the rate?

Really excited to check out this event!

j
im personal friends with the owner of the farm Jim weaver, im not too sure what the price is but i can say its very reasonable and you can get that info and info when your there, the staff is very friendly and eager to help
you can pick to your hearts content the prices are different from on type to another and you pay by the pound

they will have over 200 species of hot pepper to choose from a including superhots also heirloom tomatoes,pumpkins, and sweet peppers

i will be there all you need to do is ask for UNCLE JOE

will be looking forward to seeing you there, your gonna have a blast
i will be there both days
thanks your friend Joe

Cool.  Just want to make sure I'm prepared! ($$$).

Do I go show up to the festival or just go over to Meadowview?

j

ajijoe said:
they will have over 200 species of hot pepper to choose from a including superhots also heirloom tomatoes,pumpkins, and sweet peppers

Joe,

A friend once gave me a flyer of what they offer at Meadow View (peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, etc.).  Do you know if they still have one?  Is it updated?  Do you have to go there to get it or do you know if this information can be accessed online somewhere?  Also... gonna PM you on another question regarding Meadow View and Mr. Weaver.

TSK (Mark)

thescovillekid said:
Joe,

A friend once gave me a flyer of what they offer at Meadow View (peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, etc.).  Do you know if they still have one?  Is it updated?  Do you have to go there to get it or do you know if this information can be accessed online somewhere?  Also... gonna PM you on another question regarding Meadow View and Mr. Weaver.

TSK (Mark)
i haven't seen the flyers yet only the advertisements for the fest, so im going to say there not out yet its still quite early, when they are release it will be different from the last ones and you will have to come to get one
got your pm

thanks your friend Joe

ill be there just like last year... will try to go Friday but if not definitely Saturday cant wait had a blast last year.. gonna be another awesome event this year.

Back