event Bowers 2013

Cyranx15 said:
Cannot wait my son and i had a blast. we were overwhelmed with the sheer amount of peppers there are to choose from. My wife sat back laughed and watched as we decended on pepper heaven. I think we walked away with around 25lbs of peppers what the hell were we thinking. Hitting the farm first day then the fest like most others
well this year will be no exception i will be there with bells on both days
i will be running loss this year because im not setting up a table

thanks and looking forward to seeing you there

thanks your friend Joe

was just up to Meadowview farm on saterday

plants are not as tall as last year but there are lots of pods to pick, the pepper field is behind the barn and to the left this year and not right near the entrance like 2012, there will be a little more walking involved this year but it still worth it

there appears to be fewer rows but the rows are longer and that's also because it spread out on a larger plot of land, im not entirely sure if there is less types or not?, i didn't spend alot time on the field

bottom line there are tons of pods that should be ready by the opening!! :dance:

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
was just up to Meadowview farm on saterday

plants are not as tall as last year but there are lots of pods to pick, the pepper field is behind the barn and to the left this year and not right near the entrance like 2012, there will be a little more walking involved this year but it still worth it

there appears to be fewer rows but the rows are longer and that's also because it spread out on a larger plot of land, im not entirely sure if there is less types or not?, i didn't spend alot time on the field

bottom line there are tons of pods that should be ready by the opening!! :dance:

thanks your friend Joe
I do know that the local place in DE that carries tons of plants from Meadowview had very limited types this Spring. Also the plants were in the worst shape I have ever seen them. I wonder if they had a rough start this season. They usually have tons of new and hard to get super hots like last year where I snagged jay's Ghost Scorpion but this year nothing special. I'd say 70% of the plants were very leggy. Looking forward to seeing the farm!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I do know that the local place in DE that carries tons of plants from Meadowview had very limited types this Spring. Also the plants were in the worst shape I have ever seen them. I wonder if they had a rough start this season. They usually have tons of new and hard to get super hots like last year where I snagged jay's Ghost Scorpion but this year nothing special. I'd say 70% of the plants were very leggy. Looking forward to seeing the farm!
they did in fact i was talking with Jim and he said that it was a rough year, i guess my assumption is correct about the field, i didnt see too much outrageous this year, last year most of the harder to find species came from me and of coarse i got them from the guys on thp

i was so busy this year that i didn't get any time to get with Jim and he did not plant the seeds i gave him i suggested he plant this season he also prolly lost a bunch in the process

thanks your friend Joe

PepTalk said:
Damn, that sucks.  I really wanted to make a trip out there this year.
do it anyway its still well worth it, you will have a blast!!!
dont be discouraged its still gonna be great, but you wont know unless you come
thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
do it anyway its still well worth it, you will have a blast!!!
dont be discouraged its still gonna be great, but you wont know unless you come
thanks your friend Joe
True.  I am sure its still a great time to be had.

Is there a flyer on here somewhere like the last 2 years? Trying to plan the Friday morning pick-through-sunrise. I remember past ones with row numbers and such.
thescovillekid said:
Hey guys... it was great meeting some of you last year. I'll be there again bright and early Friday morning... pickin' away. I might try to stay Saturday as well. So, Jay... where does the consumption of beverages occur? Local pub? Gimme the heads up if you guys meet somewhere.
Bringing my youngest son again and this year the neighbor. Also some refreshments in one of the 3 coolers coming up. Will bring an extra Black and Tan for ya.

Justaguy said:
Is there a flyer on here somewhere like the last 2 years? Trying to plan the Friday morning pick-through-sunrise. I remember past ones with row numbers and such.

Bringing my youngest son again and this year the neighbor. Also some refreshments in one of the 3 coolers coming up. Will bring an extra Black and Tan for ya.
the rows will be clearly marked again

but i did not see any flyers when it was up last saterday

the field is not in the same place this year but up behind the  barn

[/quote]

Woo-hoo! That should make for some happy pickin'. See you "up behind the barn." Screwed up my quote... I could use a black and tan right now!

jblo said:
So how early can I get out in the field?  How much $$$ do you recommend I bring

It opens at 8.  As far as the $$ that depends on what you want to do.  Just pick peppers?  They were $3lb the last couple years.  I filled my trunk for $50.  If you want to go to the festival and eat and buy sauces, then you need to plan for that.  For me, $200 usually covers a very fun day with a ton of goodies to come home.
Scoville DeVille said:
Pictures Jay... PICTURES.

Don't make me "un-friend" you dammit.

Oh, I got this, this year.  My me-phone can upload pics now.

Back