event Bowers 2013

I am getting to the area a day early can anyone recommend something to take the family to? I will have my wife and son will be swimming at the hotel for a bit and hitting the Tavern at night for dinner just looking for something to do during the day.

Something along the lines of a farmers market, maybe or something. Ive looked around the area but have not really found anything as a time killer so to speak

Thx for any ideas 

Dan

Cyranx15 said:
I am getting to the area a day early can anyone recommend something to take the family to? I will have my wife and son will be swimming at the hotel for a bit and hitting the Tavern at night for dinner just looking for something to do during the day.

Something along the lines of a farmers market, maybe or something. Ive looked around the area but have not really found anything as a time killer so to speak

Thx for any ideas 

Dan
hey dan
where exactly are you staying around here?/

so i know where to send you

Cyranx15 said:
The hotel is located in Allentown
i live in Allentown!!
where ??
Dorney park for fun
there are many restaurants that are good on Lehigh st many of the old stand-bys
Fegleys brews works 812 Hamilton st whether you drink or not has excellent food and great beer good family environment from what i know,but its best to be careful its in the center city area!! not a good place to go at night!!

great pizza and awesome cheese steaks and can be had at Palumbo,s Italian eatery > parkway shopping center 1531 Lehigh st Allentown as well as, it where we go all the time
does this help a little?? once you get into the area you will find these places easily

thanks your friend Joe

Darthpepper said:
Does anyone know if there is a list floating around of what types there are in the fields?
i didnt see them but they will be supplied at the farm, normally i pick some up but i didnt see them when i was there two weeks ago
he will have some great species as he always does so im sure you will find something you will want
thanks your friend Joe

Darthpepper said:
Thanks Joe! I'm sure there's lots of great stuff. I guess the anticipation is getting to me. Is it Friday yet?
your right

yeah its killing me too cause right after the fest im off to the Poconos for fishing

no its not friday yet but im just like you   FRIDAY WHERE ARE YOU!!!!???

thanks your friend Joe
Justaguy said:
Will be fun finding the field behind the barns

The last 2 years(my only years) it was out front.
yeah it will be a little more of a walk but well worth it ;)

I think part of the fun is the hunting and searching for the peppers you want. I went last year thinking yeah it will be a few plants, a few different peppers no biggie...holy cow was I wrong, a good wrong though for sure.  My wife laughed at me and my son as we died and went to pepper heaven. She was a trooper following us around oohing and awwing wondering what the big deal was its just a silly pepper..My son was 9 at the time said " mom just a pepper?..pfft that's a Butch T, might wanna stay away from that one it will light your mouth on fire"

Cannot wait for friday

DEFCON Creator said:
Jay, am I bringing the 'Special Bottle' for you?

Sorry I missed this post.  I sure hope so.

Darth,

You won't need a street address.  Just punch in Bowers.  THe park, a bar/restaurant, and about 8 houses make up the whole town. :lol:

Back