• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

BRING IT ON!!!

Who is going to win???

• Total voters
Still waiting for some color...

DSC_0006.jpg

You can see all my "Bring it on" pics right here: The Race

As per request, here are some updates from this evening's stroll through the pepper patch.

Getting nice and tall!!!
BCheight-1.jpg

Some pods
BCfruit-1.jpg

Whatcha got T???

This will be the first of many I'm sure. I saw a couple of members from Florida have started something similar too. Gonna be interesting to watch.

edit: I just found the other contest thread grow contest

I am new here, I wish I knew about this contest.

My plants are not as hearty as those pictured here.

But I do have pods !!

What nutrients are you using ?
When do you think they will turn orange ?

I had one orange, but it had a bug hole in it.

Great way to learn.

Thanks

don

Hello Don and welcome! This contest is basically a contest between basics vs. technology. I'm more into the organic growing techniques while Tonly is using hydroponics to grow his. This has definitely been the most fun I've had growing a single variety ever!!!

Had a casualty today. One plant (weakest one) had the terminal buds dying and slight all over yellowing of the leaves. All of the plants are growing in the same re-circulating nute solution so hope it doesn't spread.
DSC_0028.jpg

Still no color but the rest of the plants are just packed with pods.
DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Stems are nice and healthy.
DSC_0024.jpg

Two other plants started at the same time and growing in the same system.
First is a Demon Hab.
DSC_0018.jpg

Other is a Jalapeno.
DSC_0025.jpg

I posted pic of my plants at:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/23885-growing-bulgarian-carrots/

I have not used any fertilizer, what would be good to use to help these little guys along ?

don

Hey Don!

I checked out your link. Those are some nice looking plants. I'm not doing a whole heck of a lot with mine as far as ferts go. Some fish emulsion from time to time and other nutrients when needed. Otherwise, just kind of leaving it up to mother nature.

Back