• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bring on spring!

Its March and I officially have spring fever. Anybody else feeling it?
Its snowing here today but going above freezing for a change, and I got a lot of early spring cleaning to do. Hopefully I can turn my now workshop/garden-shed back into a greenhouse and if the snow melts enough I might even get some light coming in.
Also the first of March is when I usually start most of my tomato and other veggy seeds and its always a constant battle keeping the pepper plants potted up, so I guess I'm busy until October now.:)

I know what you mean. We've got 4" of snow on the ground still. We had a little melt yesterday. But they're calling for more snow today.
I've got my 8-10 week plants started, and my peppers, and they're all doing great.

yea, i just got in from shoveling, they said four or five centimeters but it was about 10. a couple weeks ago we got to that point where my snowbanks are taller then me, so i'm hoping it will all melt again before more comes.
I start my eggplant mid march then my tomatoes a couple weeks later, i don't have that much room especially with all the peppers this year.
it's funny you said something about early spring cleaning, just last night i was starting to organize stuff for my spring garage sale. last year i did it the last saturday in april but this year i'll wait a week longer.
omri - bring a coat.

not tryin' to make you jealous but it is going to be 25C here today...spring is finally here I think...still not gonna take a chance and plant out for another two weeks...cold front coming in tomorrow night but it is just severe weather

POTAWIE @ don't make promises you're not gonna keep. ;)
GB @ good to know... guess I won't need any shorts then. :lol:

I AM ITCHING TO GROW SOMETHING!!!!! I'll probably pick up some starter trays on tuesday (or whenever my next unemployment check comes) and starts stuff in the basement.

Spring was quite the jezebel here today. It was sunny and lovely, I had the windows open, and the whole house smelled like tea olive. Around 1PM, I stretched out in the grass and just soaked up the sun. Ok, I soaked up the sun and rubbed dog belly, I had one under each arm.

...but tonight it's getting down to 34F(1C), the deceitful siren!

Nooooo. your spring means our autumn (fall to you northerners)Make it stop.

Actually I got 15 plant pots going this last week. Going for a constant winter crop this year.

I got $10 says I know what IGG is gonna grow in the basement ;)

I can't wait until Spring, but it is hard to thing about Spring while shoveling snow. Boy, am I ready for the weather to turn warmer, I am so tired of being cold.

I am ready to get rid of this crazy weather and get on with pulling weeds. I got out in the garden yesterday with my son and got one raised bed in and one raised row covered with black plastic film trying to get it warmed up. It was so nice yesterday it was in the 70's. And tomorrow we looking at maybe a couple inches of snow. GRRRRRRRR But thats Oklahoma if you don't like the weather wait it will change

bentalphanerd said:
I got $10 says I know what IGG is gonna grow in the basement ;)
I would but I'm living at my folks place. While my mom would love to have that plant around, my dad would have a heart attack......which wouldn't be a bad thing.........

Back