• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrookSideSuperhots 2018 - taking it up a notch

Getting the seeds organized for what I hope will be a better year! Weather was weak for peppers last year so hopefully it is hot and dry all summer. Working on a final list for plant out starting mid February that will hit the greenhouse in April as well as a second grow list for plants to sell at the farmer's market. Hoping to focus more on fresh pepper sales this season to my fellow Canadians after good initial results last year!

I got some amazing peppers from orders and trades this winter so here's to 2018 and best of luck to everyone growing this addictive and painful produce :)

List to follow.

422264a57c1e8f38c12c200ebdac8bcb.jpg

Little bit of an update here! Things are progressing nicely. Still waiting on several to sprout but next week I'll be building a proper grow box with 4 t4s instead of this one 25w bulb. Will post an updated list when I get some time but lots of peach supers coming this year. Best of luck on your grows everyone.
dfd98b6ac9413c27a8f21053895fd4ad.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Couple shots of my guys growing up. Still too cold to even think about setting up the greenhouse but maybe another few weeks. Put a fan in my grow box tonight and am still waiting on my chocolate reapers to germinate. Red reapers popped yesterday. Definitely dealing with some leaf curl on a few plants but such is life. This blog will get rolling when these guys get outside! Hopefully the heat comes soon!
7ae43935c8e4e77b32cd1f502f98d632.jpg
0e2a33be23fae6cfe9bd0412a59b0781.jpg
c2de093e1a0c78c0c0badde47e0b246b.jpg

stickman said:
Wow! It looks like it's warming up quickly out your way Brandon! What are the overnight low temps like?

I think starting Tuesday it'll be in the high 30's F so Tuesday night I might start to put out the bigger plants.  I still have quite a few seedlings as the reapers took forever to pop so I might keep them inside on the lights for another few weeks.  I hope this cold snap is finally over!

BSH said:

I think starting Tuesday it'll be in the high 30's F so Tuesday night I might start to put out the bigger plants.  I still have quite a few seedlings as the reapers took forever to pop so I might keep them inside on the lights for another few weeks.  I hope this cold snap is finally over!
From your mouth to God's ear, eh? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Walchit said:
Can't wait to see the peach supers! I grew a bunch of peach stuff too

I had pretty much every peach super germinate except my MRM x 7 Pod Brown, both seeds from RFC and my OP seeds from last year.  That's a real shame too because that strain is probably the tastiest peach super I have ever had.  I'll put pics up of every plant once I get them out.  I'll have to see what peach pods you're growing this year.  I hope you have a great season!

I wish I would have took pictures when I harvested all the pods from Texas hot peppers, there were just so many I was just happy I got them all dry without a mishap! I need to go through and make a list of every that sprouted, but I'm pretty lazy when it comes to typing.

BSH said:
Oh yeah! Going to get my plants outside this week! Greenhouse is up and running
bac1ce32357c90a4e5c8a38a58a9aa8c.jpg

472bb8cc8e10a7d29c1eb26c44df57ba.jpg
Woohoo! Gettin' things done! I'm guessing it'll be a later season for some of us. But not you! I usually plant out around Mother's Day. I'm thinking it'll be a week or two after that. You're getting your stuff outside soon. Very nice!

Walchit said:
I wish I would have took pictures when I harvested all the pods from Texas hot peppers, there were just so many I was just happy I got them all dry without a mishap! I need to go through and make a list of every that sprouted, but I'm pretty lazy when it comes to typing.
Checked my MRM peachies last night and 4 sprouted! Not one sprout from my brown reapers. Seriously disappointed :(. I guess I'm back to 50 plants this year after all lol.

BSH said:
Soooo...I'm at 47 plants...oops! Here are a few under the 1000w LED waiting to go outside next week. These are 1 gallon pots. Next step will be going in the dirt in June.
dee620f3e962c1262a4cf330b3ac4d49.jpg

Those look nice and healthy... just a few more weeks to go!

2 years in a row for destruction. 90km/hr gusts and it is officially destroyed. Plants all over the place but luckily they were all on the ground inside it as a precaution so only 10 are mixed up. Will use the last pics I took to sort them all out. Should've learned my lesson but I'm done with greenhouses until I have a solid one. Was going to take them out but didn't want to risk opening the flap as it was holding out ok - partially protected from the wind behind the shed but not enough I guess.
cbc0b8b44c07ec012eddbd52a3b1f4d1.jpg

Back