• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrookSideSuperhots 2018 - taking it up a notch

Getting the seeds organized for what I hope will be a better year! Weather was weak for peppers last year so hopefully it is hot and dry all summer. Working on a final list for plant out starting mid February that will hit the greenhouse in April as well as a second grow list for plants to sell at the farmer's market. Hoping to focus more on fresh pepper sales this season to my fellow Canadians after good initial results last year!

I got some amazing peppers from orders and trades this winter so here's to 2018 and best of luck to everyone growing this addictive and painful produce :)

List to follow.

422264a57c1e8f38c12c200ebdac8bcb.jpg

I must be a desperate pepper addict to try it a third time...cut it down a level and tossed the bent parts so now it'll be lower to the ground and easier to secure. I just have no other way of gardening them off and it did such a great job last year that it's worth one more shot. Repotted all the victims and will have them back out tomorrow.
d7f964d808d9639fe9924ba4e3391968.jpg

cd770c24c7b212c53df3ad08b304b206.jpg

BSH said:
Flurry of plant pics coming tonight or tomorrow. These are my pride and joy this season: bbg7 peach ghost Jami from Mojo. Both are in 1 gallon pots. More pics to follow.
a4f7c3446d02d8fb1b1cdac1fe56f341.jpg

5bda26853b650fc53fc14c0c7375bdbc.jpg

3223c7f954fd0b746822b4ad743ed541.jpg

4a0af483eff5f3c13cc542eaea6a6901.jpg
Very nice! I'm glad to see that you were able to get seeds for that variety. The first seed I tried didn't germinate and the second one germinated in March, but is still newborn size. Lol. I won't get much, if anything from mine. But yours looks awesomely! Nice, long, big leaves. Great job!

My hardening off routine is as follows.

They go outside into the greenhouse as soon as night temps stay above 5°C. During the day it gets up to almost 40°C in there and I have a white bedsheet covering the entire roof to cut UV rays a bit. Got that trick from Moruga Welder. Two weeks of that and then I take the sheet off for full UV for another two weeks. After that, the leaves are fat, shiny (I find that indoors under lights, they just don't have the same sheen until they're hardened off) and ready to rock. They go out to full sun with no sunburn. Nice and smooth. Gets them used to high heat and 100% humidex in a month.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bhuter said:
Very nice! I'm glad to see that you were able to get seeds for that variety. The first seed I tried didn't germinate and the second one germinated in March, but is still newborn size. Lol. I won't get much, if anything from mine. But yours looks awesomely! Nice, long, big leaves. Great job!
Thanks brother. I really hope they come out like the pic but being F2, I have serious doubts. Oh well! I'm planning on growing these two under netting to isolate. I can send you some good stock this fall.

juanitos said:
lol the greenhouse looks like knex or some building toy; if it works then who cares though!

It pretty much is lol...just cheap pipes and plastic joints. Does the trick as long as there's no wind!

Walchit said:
Looking good! Can't wait to see whatall your peaches turn out like 
Bbg7 skin and bbg7 peach ghost Jami are the biggest, healthiest plants I have - I can't wait to see if they grow true! They're about to flower so hopefully their flowers have that calyx [emoji51]

Deeeeeaaaaammn! Your plants are big! They're gonna kick arse! That's fantastic that you have an in-ground plot. My bbg peach ghost jami didn't make it. It's just two little leaves. Been that way for months. I hear ya on the immense sun. Plants didn't like it, but I had minimal burn. Yours are looking great!

Back