• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Brown spots on bhuts

Hey all, I've been noticing these brown spots on 3 of my bhut pods, and Im not sure what it could be.

I'm thinking it's too high up on the pod to be BER, and was thinking more along the lines of bacterial spot or speck?

Again, any and all input is greatly appreciated.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

(in the last two photos, i couldn't help myself and ended up cutting off the tip of the pepper to sample before I had a chance to take the photo )

Hot. Very very hot. I've eaten worse looking things in my life with no consequence, so I just cut out the bad parts and went for it. Eating about half of the base was the really bad decision, for some reason I figured a few weeks under-ripe would mean not THAT much heat. I've eaten a few hot peppers in my day, but it was the first time that the hiccups almost became the throwups. The flavor was really good for about 20 seconds or so though, and I could still taste it as the heat began subsiding about 20 minutes later.

And it has apparently spread to a couple other pods, should I just go ahead and do a copper spray to be safe? Or should I try confirming it somehow?

Hot. Very very hot. I've eaten worse looking things in my life with no consequence, so I just cut out the bad parts and went for it. Eating about half of the base was the really bad decision, for some reason I figured a few weeks under-ripe would mean not THAT much heat. I've eaten a few hot peppers in my day, but it was the first time that the hiccups almost became the throwups. The flavor was really good for about 20 seconds or so though, and I could still taste it as the heat began subsiding about 20 minutes later.

And it has apparently spread to a couple other pods, should I just go ahead and do a copper spray to be safe? Or should I try confirming it somehow?

hahaha dangg. lol niiice.
when did you eat it? & i would do it, you always wanna play it safee.

Back