• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Buddy's 1st Decent Harvest

here's today's and yesterday's harvest:

P1030540.jpg

P1030541.jpg

P1030542.jpg

P1030543.jpg

P1030544.jpg

Picked some chiles today (Thursday). Didn't pick anything yesterday.

Some sweet ones:
P1030546.jpg

Some hot ones:
P1030547.jpg

Some more hot ones:
P1030549.jpg

Again:
P1030550.jpg

The whole happy family:
P1030553.jpg

Awesome harvests! What are those greenish, brownish, yellowish pods in the last 2 pictures on the far right? Are they some sort of chocolate pod that hasnt fully ripened, or is that their final color?

habalokias that aren't all the way brown. they've been on the plant for a long time and some are turning soft. picked them and will try to get them to go to brown in a paper bag.

Buddy, Nice variety of peppers, its nice for a change to see some sweet and mild shots. Ha, I like the backdrop you used, "Hot Springs" hot tub cover? So are you planing on making some killer salsa to start off the "Big Ten" kick-off weekend???.....Greg

Buddy, Nice variety of peppers, its nice for a change to see some sweet and mild shots. Ha, I like the backdrop you used, "Hot Springs" hot tub cover? So are you planing on making some killer salsa to start off the "Big Ten" kick-off weekend???.....Greg

absolutely. i graduated from u of i. my oldest daughter graduated from u of i. my youngest daughter is a freshman at u of i. season tickets for the last 5 years. will be in champaign on saturday. go illini!

Feels so good to see the fruits of your labor doesn't it? How many plants are producing all of those for you?

I'm looking at the Big 10 season with a little trepidation myself. Grew up a Hawkeye fan but have spent more time in Nebraska than Iowa now so I'm rooting for the Big Red. Going to hate watching the Hawkeyes play the Huskers though.

What's your opinion of Nebraska moving into the Big 10 Buddy?

patrick - i think that it is great for the big 10 and great for nebraska to join the conference. from a football and wresting perspective, it will upgrade the big 10. from a nebraska perspective, it think that it will upgrade their b-ball program for sure. it will be a bit out of the way to get to lincoln - never been there before, but i would love to see a football game at nebraska. i'm sure that there are some upset nebraska fans wondering what happens to the nebraska/oklahoma/texas rivalry. btw - other than wisconsin, iowa is my least favorite team :) i'm looking forward to this year's football season - i've suffered through a lot of dismal years with the illini, but have never wavered. i'll be pulling for the huskers in the nebraska/iowa game.

i'm pulling from about 25-30 plants for the harvest that i had - have a lot more plants of various varieties that i didn't show.

Sounds good to me--except for Iowa being #2 of your least favorites. ;)

I'd say your plants are performing very well for you. Way to grow!

Sounds good to me--except for Iowa being #2 of your least favorites. ;)

I'd say your plants are performing very well for you. Way to grow!

Hmmm, Sorry to say this Buddy but, even though alot of my closest friends kids either graduated from are are current students in Champaign, and we fight about this all the time, I have a Grad student at U of Iowa and a Junior there also and the wife's a law grad...so no hard feelings but I have to agree with Patrick.......'Go Hawkeyes"....I can smell a seed exchange bet?

Today's harvest - finally getting some Rocotos - never had one before today - they are now one of my all time favorites. Very frustrating to grow - have on plant that must have dropped 100 flowers - has 1 pod. Have 2 others with 1 each. Maybe it's too hot in the summer in the midwest to grow them. They're now starting to pod and I'm guessing that I'll run out of time. We'll see . . .

P1030576.jpg

Those are beautiful. I'm sure you'll figure out how to make the rocoto's grow more pods in the midwest, then share the secret :P

Back