• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Buddy's 1st Decent Harvest

Nice harvest Buddy,...Are the Rocotos the 7 red golf ball sized pods?, I've haven't had any luck with them, same thing with flower drop, but I have had luck with the "Manzano" "Perrons" they're yellow/orange color very tropical scented when cut open, I bought some peppers at the local market, $9.99 a lb. only bought 2 peppers but have many seeds, they're also a little tempermental with the heat but they should grow into early Nov.....hopefully!....good luck on the remainder of the (pepper) season......Greg

Thanks everyone. The rocotos are just a bit over golf ball size. They have a wonderful flavor - just wish that I could have yielded more.

Man Buddy you have some of the most colorful harvest :dance:

Looks like your having a great season! :beer:

Isn't it great to have our College football back as well :eek:

Jamie

Man Buddy you have some of the most colorful harvest :dance:

Looks like your having a great season! :beer:

Isn't it great to have our College football back as well :eek:

Jamie

thanks. love college football. have been down the last 2 weeks to watch the illini. they have 5 home games in a row this year - lots of tailgating coming up :)

Have never grown rocotos, but I have some plants that did the same with little pod setting and next year they will be in the part of the garden where the shade is 50/50 in stead of 80sun/20shade like this year.

Today's harvest:
P1030581.jpg

P1030582.jpg

P1030583.jpg

P1030584.jpg

P1030585.jpg

Nice fresh looking pods Buddy..... any special name tag on the two tone Jalapenos they look nice and plump!...

the "jalapenos" are a combination of santa fe grande (not a jalapeno), biker billy, giant jalapeno, and jalastar. mixed them all together as the will be used for poppers for tailgating at the illini games :)

Buddy, if you figure out the secret to growing rocotos in the midwest, I would love to hear it. I have 2d year plants and first year plants in a variety of sun and shade, and nary a pod. A most frustrating pepper. McDermott seemed to have great luck with his, and he said they were all in full sun. I'm just about to give up on them.

Today's harvest - finally getting some Rocotos - never had one before today - they are now one of my all time favorites. Very frustrating to grow - have on plant that must have dropped 100 flowers - has 1 pod. Have 2 others with 1 each. Maybe it's too hot in the summer in the midwest to grow them. They're now starting to pod and I'm guessing that I'll run out of time. We'll see . . .

Back