• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food BUMPER'S FLOG

IMG_0889.jpg

sorry, meant to post a final pic earlier this week.  So tired we forgot the daikon and carrot pickle on these! I picked up some fresh buns on monday and the two of us had these for lunch for the week! 

To make them it is 

Pork pate
Spicy pork slices
coriander leaves
rocket leaves or pea shoots
daikon radish and carrot pickled
fresh thai chilli

grantmichaels said:
Thirsty? =)

Someone's past due ...

Indeed.  A block of 5 hours still evades me…. Almost finished landscaping Ange's place, and it goes on the market in a fortnight, so the end is in sight...

grantmichaels said:
Hi, remember beer?

uggghh yes, and I need more.  Averaging 14 hour days at the moment with work and on 17 days straight now.  I will get a brief reprieve not this weekend but next weekend.  In the short term money is my ticket to beer atm. 

So. 

Tired. 

Thanks Terry.  It is worth it, the greater good and all, but it comes at a price, which it times for the things I really love doing.  Part time or retirement at the end of this financial year will reclaim my life though, so just hanging in there.  

Still yet to crack one of your sauces, just finishing off dregs of a bunch in the fridge so I can make room for one.  

Cheers mate

B. 

tctenten said:
That is a heavy load at work.  Hopefully it will lighten up a bit for you.

Bumper said:
Thanks Terry.  It is worth it, the greater good and all, but it comes at a price, which it times for the things I really love doing.  Part time or retirement at the end of this financial year will reclaim my life though, so just hanging in there.  

Still yet to crack one of your sauces, just finishing off dregs of a bunch in the fridge so I can make room for one.  

Cheers mate

B. 

Super envious of being able to retire this soon.   The cost of living in NY/NJ area is just a killer.  Still a few more years for me. 

Just marinated some beef jerky.  Well 4 pounds all up. 

Batch 1: FFS Frank! 

2.5 lbs flank beef
2 cups Franks
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp JHP smoked banshee
1 tsp ground THSC choc scorpion salt

Batch 2 - Sweet BBQ 7 pot

1.5 lb flank beef
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup spanish sherry vinegar
2/3 cup smokey bourbon marinade
2 teaspoons yellow mustard powder
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tsp JHP yellow 7 pot
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

Didn't include the celery salt, didn't need it.  

And some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 49
Oh boy the FFS Frank is on point. really tender. Highly recommend this as a beer snack.  Marinated for 24 hours, squeezed the excess sauce out of the bag, these are tender, warm but not stupid and perfect with a beer.  

This lot will keep me going for a while.  

Dusted the BBQ with some bahamian goat, it was more subtle than the Franks,  guessing the vinegar in the Franks forced the marinade deeper into the meet.  Good to know for next time.  

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 52
Back