1 1/2 cups coconut water
3 tablespoons ginger
1 tablespoon garlic
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 teaspoons allspice
Salt to taste
Juice from 6 limes
And here's a picture.  Not quite as yellow as I was hoping for, I could have subbed the brown sugar for white but wanted the richer caramel flavours in there..  Tasty! 

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 62
grantmichaels said:
I'll smoke it with apple wood and a little hickory for 3 hours in the kettle and finish it for another 7 or so in the oven - the kettle is a pita to keep constant low temps and I have things to do.

Pork turned out great.  Nice thick smoke ring, delicious.  Served with sourdough buns, coleslaw, some homemade bbq hot sauce and an ear of corn.

Sourdough starter has begun.  Also made 2kg of beef jerky - Franks hotsauce and red bhuts for one batch and another batch of korean bbq - low chilli for Ange.  

Attachments

• IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1128.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1130.JPG
    IMG_1130.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20160409_054323744_iOS.jpg
    20160409_054323744_iOS.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 49
grantmichaels said:
That looks good, B ...
Managed 7 hours on the kettle before the temps plummeted.  Wrapped it with some apple cider for the final 2 hours.  I ended up throwing some cherry wood in as well as a few hickory chips.  I found I had some apricot wood chunks left so used those instead of apple.  

Nice! Hopefully it comes out good. I have only used his recipe once. I will try it again when I figure out how to get a hot enough cooking oven. Where will you be cooking that?

I saw his notes on that.  Just the oven, which gets up to 480f  so may not get the extent of browning.  I did add an extra 30g flour to a three pie batch, as he stated the wetter dough as being the reason for this.  Will see how it turns out tonight!  Even if it doesn't get the nice deep browning, my bet is the taste will be awesome.  

tctenten said:
Nice! Hopefully it comes out good. I have only used his recipe once. I will try it again when I figure out how to get a hot enough cooking oven. Where will you be cooking that?

Bumper said:
I saw his notes on that.  Just the oven, which gets up to 480f  so may not get the extent of browning.  I did add an extra 30g flour to a three pie batch, as he stated the wetter dough as being the reason for this.  Will see how it turns out tonight!  Even if it doesn't get the nice deep browning, my bet is the taste will be awesome.
It will. Look forward to the pics. I have been getting real nice results with my oven pies.

tctenten said:
It will. Look forward to the pics. I have been getting real nice results with my oven pies.
You sure have, your taco pizza looks incredible.  How long are you slow fermenting them in the fridge before you use them?

That was 4 days. I try to use them after 2-5 days of fermentation. On day 5, I freeze what is left. Not as good as fresh, but still good.

Back