• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Buncha MALARKY 2017

Welcome to my first Glog everyone. This is my second grow. Thanks to the generosity of the THP community I am in possession of more varieties of seeds than I'll ever be able to grow. I have limited yard space and I try to keep things cheap to make this hobby less annoying to my wife.

So I'm located outside of Madison, WI. Zone 5a/4b
My goal is grow a wider variety of heat this year.

First 4 varieties Soaking:
-Aji LemonDrop (contest)
-Aji Amarillo
-Peruvian Red Rocotto
-Aji Oro

NL7ZIfE.jpg

It's just the beginning. I need to grab some more of these cups for soaking.
Thanks for looking in. At a MINIMUM, I'll update once a week.

Jase4224 said:
I have like 5 seeds of this left so I'll keep what I'll use then share the rest with other growers :)
Looked like you were getting seed from Gary(windchicken) too? this is his seed that I received a few months ago. Not sure if you want seed from both of us or not?

if so just spread them around!

In other news the plants look like they're on autopilot for right now. True leaves are peaking on nearly all of them. Soon I'll put a fan on them to keep the surface moisture down and strengthen them up. I'm watching for tap roots to peak out the bottoms of the double cups so I can start bottom watering.

I made some hard candy with pomegranate juice and a couple of reapers along with some ChocHab Carmels this weekend. The were both pretty awesome. Next time I think I'll just use some flavoring oil for the candy though, I think alot of the pomegranate flavor got burnt out of the candy by the high temps.

Malarky said:
Looked like you were getting seed from Gary(windchicken) too? this is his seed that I received a few months ago. Not sure if you want seed from both of us or not?

if so just spread them around!
I've asked Gary for his BOC seeds, and sent him some 'fat baby Morich' seeds in return (hope he received them) :) if you see anything in my glog you want pm me

That's candy sounds nice

so these two little ones are survivors. I imagine they'll be culled though. We'll see...
Peruvian Red Rocoto
2YqpZrP.jpg

Aji Amarillo
Ac5WozP.jpg

Most of the plants are graduating to bottom watering now and I also turned the fan on them. Took my temperature down to about 62F.
Hopefully the weaker lights and cooler temps will keep them a little smaller until closer to spring. ALMOST 1 month down.

In other news I got a blossom on an OW RedSavina in my guestroom. Not sure if it'll take, but I fiddled with the flower just for fun.
gjTrM7S.jpg

Quick shout out to Dale! These Aji Limo Rojo are just loving life.
KUgaT6f.jpg

And I'm off to start another weird plant...store-bought Kumquat (most likely Nagami, from what I gather)
kVTZC83.jpg

eO7NrWu.jpg

Pop the seeds out, soak them and cut off their outer seed coat.
1r85SgO.jpg

Onto damp papertowel on the heat mat.
h7mcbZw.jpg

Malarky said:
Quick shout out to Dale! These Aji Limo Rojo are just loving life.
KUgaT6f.jpg

And I'm off to start another weird plant...store-bought Kumquat (most likely Nagami, from what I gather)
kVTZC83.jpg

eO7NrWu.jpg

Pop the seeds out, soak them and cut off their outer seed coat.
1r85SgO.jpg

Onto damp papertowel on the heat mat.
h7mcbZw.jpg
Those aji limo rojo plants are looking healthy!

stickman said:
+1 on #68... keep up the good work! I didn't know you were supposed to remove the seed coat on Citrus seeds... it'll be interesting to see how they do.
I just knick the tip of the seed coat with a blade and then peel it off with fingernails or a tweezers. It is pretty fibrous but it comes right off. It worked great for my store-bought key limes and apparently for the kumquats too. just over 24 hours later I had 2 seeds pop on the damp paper towel in a ziploc on the heatmat at 85F.
miBZyjG.jpg

I should probably take a pic of the plants soon. The Bacs and Pubes are loving the cooler basement but i think the Chinense are suffering a bit. They seem a bit small and sad. I think I'll put all my chinense in a tray with the heat mat under them and see it that makes them happier.

I dehydrated a full load of ChocHabs and Jamaican Hot Chocolate.(I'm convinced they are the same) I still have 2 ziplocs of pods in the freezer!
LwRjdF0.jpg

Update
Peruvian Red Rocoto
0W7pASX.jpg

Manzano
ZN7lSNc.jpg

Mini Rocoto Rojo
DmTBWCQ.jpg

Judy's Peach Bhut SS
JI9YVCk.jpg

Bishop's Crown
57D9oSG.jpg

Papa Dreadie SS
O9Tk9CR.jpg

Aji LemonDrop (Contest)
nbY4fZC.jpg

CGN21500-These guys are struggling a bit. I don't think they like the basement and I hope they pull through. I might put one in the south window. That should be more and better light than my T12's right? Its the Sun right?
daLbLsn.jpg

Aji Amarillo-the guy on the left is my runty survivor. I think hes gonna grow though it and make it.
dqW0y4X.jpg

Aji Limo Rojo
vbptz6s.jpg

Aji Oro
pAlXqvg.jpg

Back